Just curious...

I am in Liberty township and a few months ago got an offer to buy my royalties for 1500 to 1800 per acre, but they would do a more in-depth look if I was serious which "mite change the numbers" slightly....even tho I am not drilled or receiving any royalties ..talked to a landsman rite b4 I contacted them and he advised caution as there will be "significant" activity in my area in the "near future"....how about it, anybody else get an offer or hear anything or see any activity here in Tioga Co. ?

Views: 118473

Replies to This Discussion

Happy New Year, too!

Been reading Jack Young and Old Timer both ....... 

Thanks to both of you ................... 

My land north of you in Lindley NY awaits a new Administration in Albany ..... [[[ Lots of  luck } ............... 

Good morning FarmGas.  It took me several attempts to get to become a member here......mostly because  of difficulties with passwords.  I was aware of the Painter well pad plans a couple years before it became reality.  I spent many hours as a youngster hiking and exploring and also working, (plowing and harvesting crops grown there),   the exact location of this pad as well as hunting squirrels and deer there. 

I had no idea of  the entire area, (flatcastle area), would be divided into units. Big John Painter and I grew up together and were lifelong friends. And of course we often talked about the new industry, (O&G) about to make huge changes in our area, let alone on our own properties.  John and I were both entering the "GOLDEN YEARS of LIFE". 

I said to John,  " Neither one of us will benefit from any discovery made! The wheels turn so slowly that we will both be gone before that happens!"    Little did I know just how prophetic my words turned out to be at least for my friend John Painter.  Cancer took him out.

Plans were made for a drilling pad on John's property.  Little did I know that the Painter unit included about 15 acres of my own property.

Somehow I learned about this site and joined.   The rest is history!

We can all learn about how the industry works from each other and folks like OLD TIMER!

Hoping to read many postings from you and other members in the near future. 

Granddad Ladd

OT Pulled all his postings to this thread. Looks like he closed down.

Old Timer sent me a private message  yesterday.

He left it to me whether to share it with the other members or not.  I choose not to divulge most of what he shared with me. There seems there was some sort of rift between Old Timer and Jack Young.  Both of them posted information pertinent to  the exploration of gas and oil deposits.  But Old Timer very often was much closer to the why's and how's.  In other words Old Timer had a much greater insight as to  what was about to take place.   Old Timer also steered me toward the actual mechanics of exactly how the drilling was accomplished.  I thank him for that!  Old Timer also was well acquainted with the landowners, the location of their properties and even important facts about their farming operations.

He told me that he was about to leave the discussions to the rest of us. Old Timer, in a manner of speech, was and is able to explain how a modern airplane flies and stays in the air, compared to how a kid's kite was able to fly...…. when it comes to the gas&oil industry.

Granddad Ladd

Recently I have noticed very many signs at every intersection in Westfield Township of some outfit wanting to buy Oil and Gas rights from land owners.  Now I wonder just who that might be?  I never had an interest of selling mine so I never stopped to check any of these signs out.

After thinking it over,  with so many of these signs,  It would almost have to be someone that has inside information.  Who would have the resources $$$$ and information to do this?  Old Timer?   I think not!  Why not?

Something he told me in confidence not long ago.  Also his interest in the area and residents and thoughtful ness.

Granddad Ladd 

A loss for all of us!

A much bigger loss then this site can imagine at this time

Granddad Ladd

Well now that's a damn shame.  The internet is no place for people with thin skin.  Heck this world is no place for people with thin skin anymore.  I doubt OT got scraped up too much; he probably just got tired of the hassle and had bigger things to devote his time to.  I do hope when things pick up, he might decide to drop back in.

Although GMS is not a true 'Science' blogsite, the information exchanged is indeed very useful for those of us in the Gas Patch here in Tioga Co. and the surrounding area.

I follow several true Science blogs, and it is the purpose at these blogs that discussion will in fact spark debate, which is the desired end result....getting to the truth of the matter. Many times, heated arguments ensue, but if everyone remembers that knowledge is the objective, and plays nice (no Ad Hominem attacks), there is much to be learned. 

After all, Science/Knowledge is not about being right all the time....sometimes being wrong will advance the knowledge by creating useful debate to that end.

OT will be sorely missed, but I side with Brian....hopefully he will rejoin this site in time. 

Come back OT!

I have a question which I think the members of this site could answer.   Since the main east to west DTI pipeline is near Tioga County are the gas companies operating there charged a fee by Dominion for each Mcf transmission into their pipeline?   I suspect this charge would be included in the gas company deductions percentage from gas royalties.   Is this charge based upon a price at the pipeline injection point or the Henry Hub price?

RSS

Local Groups

Blog Posts

Forgotten Men and Women of Canadian Energy Industry Protest

Posted by Thomas J Shepstone on January 4, 2019 at 10:37am 0 Comments

The forgotten men and women of the Canadian energy industry are mad as hell and not taking it anymore. They’re protesting in their trucks and it’s spreading.

Whenever I go to New York City, which is as seldom as…

Continue

© 2019   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service