411-Acreage available for 'Man Camp ' in Hanover Twp-Beaver County, SW PA

Do any of the gas co's operating in SW PA, Beaver County or the Northern panhandle of West Virginia set up housing for the local workers via, man camps... trailers, etc.. ?   I was given advice to lease out some of my land to such a camp or lease for trailers.  Anyone have any advice or comments for such..    thanks.

Views: 1113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a undertaking, a sewage plant meeting EPA specs, water well, zoning, environmental impact study. Can't do anything anymore!

Might still be worth it.  I've seen a few camps with a few hundred campers crambed in at abandoned factory sites.  I figured they set up there because the power grid was in place and sewers.  Someone is putting one in along route 40 in WV now, they are laying in drainage culvert.  Even at $100 per camper per month with 200 of them is $20,000.  With 411 acres you could have a rig yard too.  Lots of frack tanker trucks setting around could haul the sewage away if public sewers aren't in.  You need water and suitable electric.  If it cost $100,000 to set it up and $5000 a month for all your expenses, you would still net 1/4 million in two years.  That's great if the land is going to be a campground later or a commercial site but if it your home it's not that much per acre and you could sell it for way more.  I hope you own the O&G rights with it so you can do with the surface what you want.

The acreage I have would have to be serviced by a weekly waste truck ( No public sewage ) and  weekly water supplied.  The land was a former campground and it would be one of the nicer man camps as it includes a lake and woods.. Idea was to lease space for those that had their own trailers, set ups. 

why do they need a man camp?  I thought thousands of jobs were going to be created....FOR LOCALS.....yeah right

Some people that only live a few hours from the work sites will want to be closer too.  Local means something different to everybody.  Many of the out-of-towners will permantley locate here and will eventually be local.  I work in three states and pay taxes in all three.  If I worked in the same place for any time I would gladly rent a site by a wooded lake and consider myself local. 

Man camps are big in N Dakota and even in eastern Pa which is very rural.  But I don't know how much demand there will be here as there is a very large housing stock and many are empty. People are now buying them for back taxes and looking to rent them out to O & G workers.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service