Why cant we come up with some type of average from the people on here actually getting royalty checks. I know every well is different but we should be able to ball park some numbers. 

Views: 15293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is your % of the acreage.. and is this per DAY.. or PER MONTH  ?

The figures are dollars per acre per month, so my % of the unit acreage really does not really effect it. Deductions applied under Market Enhancement language make it, in effect, a 14% gross royalty rate. You are likely in a wet gas area while mine is dry so you can expect a higher payout.

Thanks to all of you who have responded .

Dry gas,  15% - numbers are net, 411 acre unit 1 well. Southwestern Energy 

My receipts from May to Oct are filed away some where with my taxes. I was averaging about $217.00/acre/month.

The volume dropped considerably for Nov. $82.86/acre/month

Volume back up in Dec.  $212.00/acre/month

Volume and price up Jan $412.00/acre/month

Well number 2 & 3 drilled and fracked. If they are as quick to bring these two on line as the first they should be producing by  May-June time frame.

Thank you ALL !   For sharing this Important information !

Kevin, What township and unit are you in?

Stevens township, Swisher unit.

Tom R
This is the kind of info we need. Great job! Thank you!

I'm in an XTO production unit in Forward Township Butler County in the wet Marcellus.  The following calculation will assume that all the proposed wells (7) were operating in this 625 acre unit.

I took the total gross income for my acreage for the months of Nov 13, Dec 13, Jan14, and Feb 14 (the first four full months of production) as provided to me by XTO for the two wells on this pad.  I divided that number by 4 (number of months), divided again by my acreage, divided again by my royalty percentage and multiplied that number by 7/2 to correct for a full compliment of wells for this unit.

The result, $50.00 /(month-acre-percent royalty) - with royalty expressed as a percent for example 12.5.  This a gross number.  Assuming 20% deductions, the net number would be - $40.00 /(month-acre-percent royalty).

Over time, of course, an appropriate decline curve would need to be applied to these numbers.

Phil

Thanks phil..great info.
I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone sharing this information. Many of us have been waiting a long time to get some real numbers.

I doubt this is helping anyone who is debating selling their minerals. some of these numbers say hold on and wait for a well and some say sell and pay less taxes and put the money to work. I am one of these persons trying to make that very tough decision.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service