Anyone have experience/information about Northcoast Environmental Landowners Association (NELA)?

If you have information about or experience with the Northcoast Environmental Landowners Association, please share it with this group.

They have lots of meetings for the purpose of "presentation and lease signing." If you have attended and/or know about their leases, please advise.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Views: 6290

Replies to This Discussion

Herbert, what is your approximate locatio?

For what it's worth, I suspect NELA has not made a lot of headway in signing up acreage...  I don't think many people are willing to tie themselves up for 5 years with no guarantee of any payment.  At any rate, they only had 4,000 acres in Ashtabula when I spoke to their man Chris late last year.  It would be helpful if someone could post an updated total for them.

I'm hearing through the grapevine that Bob Rea / Buckeye Mineral already has commitments (written plus verbal) for 40,000+ acres in Ashtabula, and that number is expected to grow significantly as they are finally getting going here with the help of the Eastern Ashtabula Landowners Assoc.  They are considering making it a county-wide pool, which I believe has the potential to top 100,000 acres.  The group is intending to have a second meeting...  probably in Jefferson so they can have a bigger venue.  The Pierpont fire hall meeting last week was standing room only.

Attached is the Buckeye lease that I downloaded earlier off their website.  It is arguably the best I've ever read, and I take comfort in knowing that they've actually gotten drillers (Chesapeake and Rex Energy) to sign that lease.  Obviously, there is safety in numbers, which is why I'm committing to Bob Rea.  He just finished successfully bidding 98,000 acres in Trumbull.  I don't think NELA has ever bid any leases before.  Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.  Thanks!

Attachments:

Plymouth Township 

Thanks,I'm in williamsfield.

Nela water Reps are coming for water test this week has anyone had this experience with other companies yet?

I got a brochure in the mail,but am probably going to be with buckeye mineral development he only asks for 2 3/4%.Lease is more landowner friendly.

i also live in plymouth.i have about 20 acres next to the road dept.do you know who has signed up in this area?

I live about 2 miles s.w. signed with nela 2 months ago others to the west of you are tending to sign with Wishguard. In my opinion not a good Idea average 1600 an acre and wishguard will pocket the difference. From what info I've been hearing leases could be worth 3,000.00 on up. Remember with who ever you sign with drilling and production will more than likely be 3 to 5 yrs. More up frnt money now would be more beneficial plus royalties later.

Did you ever look at Buckeye Minerals/ALOV? Were they in your area?

What Township are you in? I was approached and sent a lease by Wishgard but by reading the posts on the Ashtabula section I do not think very highly of them. If Wishgard signs with any O&G company and they receive 20% of the gross profit for the leases, then they keep 5% and give you 15%. They get 5% of your monies for the life of your lease. Does NELA give you the full percentage? I have not attended any of their meetings yet so I have very little info except for the posts on this site.

NELA's program states that they take only a percentage of the original signing bonus, and this covers the cost of a ground water sampling program that they initiate.  They don't get any of the royalties.

IF you track Wishguard transactions with oil companies they are more or less a contractor for Chesapeake oil at this time they are taking 5.75% of signing only and also give you lifetime protection of your water resource.

They are currently operating out of Miller Realty office in Jefferson. They have a good presenation

Signed lease before Buckeye came around haven't seen their lease proposals. Here they would be a good group also

Are you talking about Wishgard or NELA offering the lifetime water protection?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service