OK I've asked questions about Chesapeake now I'm interested in anyones experience with Atlas. I have 74 acres to lease in Greene,and have an offer from Chesapeake (DSP) but I understand that Atlas may be drilling on the adjacent property. I live in LA so any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Views: 2628

Replies to This Discussion

rice has zero completed marcellus wells, of their 13 permits only one is a horizontal and has a 2500 ft leg, and the reasoning is you want to be with them because they r small, can guarentee my 177 acres will not be going to rice
whitt chesapeake or range, you seem to know your stuff, lay it on me brother who ya going with
Not true. They have drilled and completed wells in Washington, Greene, and Lycoming. 3 Marcellus verticals and 1 Marcellus horizontal drilled and completed so far. There is a picture of a 40 foot flare from their vertical well in Washington posted on another website.

They just permitted 3 additional horizontal wells and a vertical in Washington next to their drilled horizontal well. Also, 2 new vertical wells permitted in Greene. Drilling a horizontal well after just one vertical well in Washington tells me these guys aren't here to play around with verticals.

Look it up on the DEP website if you want, it's all there. Not sure where you are getting your info.
How are those RIce wells doing? People make sure to research this company before dealing with them... ..
Not a whole lot of info. They released production on their first vertical well from washington in that report on the DEP website. Judging by the average production over its first 100 days, it's the 9th best vertical out of ~160 vertical wells drilled across the state (that were reported). Looks like theyve drilled their horizontal next to it, are drilling another 2 hz's down the road in Washington, and have applied for more hz permits in Greene.
Rice partnered with ALPHA, now they are a joint venture as Alpha Shale..when you check permits, check them both, they are the same people.. BUT who ever is drilling in your ares is who you need to contact.. :)
atlas may be interested in 74 acres, if for no other reason than to increase its land share holdings of the marcellus shale; they may price it at 25-3500 an acres for five year lease, but then, they have recently turned around and sold shares of the same land to an Indian consortium for as much as $8000 an acre.....I would go with who ever is near enough to horizontal me from a drilling unit which is not on my land....these maps are everywhere and you can figure out their strategies fairly easy as to why you would or not fit into their play...If you prefer to have atlas drill on adjacent property, have them put into your lease a $10K spud fee for every well, vertical or horizontal, they drill from your land....that usually puts them over into the neighbors field....all the same monies without all the crap on your land....still, tons of truck traffic...at all hours of the day/night.
hey where are the maps?
So you live in LA? Did you grow up in PA? So, you are asking from an environmental, economical, or personal perspective? I think smart drilling is a good idea, but also thinking it's just another form of land rape. And the people sitting on top of all of this? I'm sure they get they compensation, right?
I HOPE IT IS NOT TO LATE BUT ATLAS HAS PARTENERED WITH AN INDIAN CO. AND SOLD LEASES FOR ALMOST $15,000 PER ACRE IN FAYETTE COUNTY WHEN LAND OWNERS WERE PAID PENNIES. MANY OF THE OTHER COMPANIES ARE ALSO SELLING TO CHINA, JAPAN,ETC. THEY ARE IN IT FOR THEMSELVES AND NOT FOR AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES.
Atlas leased my former neighbor's 300ac. at $250/12.5 about 2 years ago. They haven't been seen by him since. I guarantee Atlas will be dumping those 300 ac. for way more than they paid him. Bottom line-he got screwed.
"Bottom line-he got screwed."

Why is that? The landowner agreed to the price and signed a lease... Maybe that was the going rate at that time.. They should hope if atlas doesn't drill it that they do farm it our, at least then they would get a well..

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service