Posting this discussion for people to update info on the new CNX Beachy well. Does anyone know how many wells will be on this pad?

Views: 17032

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the great pictures. Please update us on both the drilling rig and the Troyer well.

You are very welcome! I enjoy posting them.

Oh my gosh Carmella!   You go girl! These pics are awesome!

Same here! Thanks a lot! We have land in the area but live 2 hrs away so this is awesome.

beachy horizontal permit issued 10-11-12  but no drilling unit map yet

I think this one will be interesting to watch, given what we know about the Troyer and the techniques they used on that one.  Hopefully this well is a big success.  Not that the Troyer was bad, but it was a first-try...

JR

Could you expand on the technique they used on the Troyer well?  I realize CONSOL is a coal company but they have drilled several wells in the Marcellus Shale in PA, so they are not total novices when it comes to drilling.

I understand it to be something like "down drilling" vs "up drilling" and this one was down drilled, and they plan not to use that technique again.  This terminology is probably wrong, but I know the "down" vs "up" are correct.  Down flow vs Up flow maybe?  It's been months since I had the conversation with someone so my memory's rusty. Maybe someone here can help out.

The ODNR site shows there are 2 permits for the Beachy well Tusc8A and Tusc8B

I wonder if they will drill both at same time. The coordinates show the end point af the laterals running pretty much side by side to the NNW with one being alot longer than the other.

I believe the CNX update for the Mahoning Co. pad mentions drilling 2 laterals there also.

Anyone hear any updates on how the drilling is going?

Can you or anyone else tell how long each lateral is going to be by the coordinates? I cant seem to figure this out. I have heard they will drill both laterals at the site.

I was looking on the ODNR interactive map and it looks like the one lateral is going to be about 1.5 miles long to the NNW. This lateral starts in section 4 and ends in section 24 which is in Clark Township. This a pretty long lateral. The other lateral is going to be .80 to .90 miles long and both are parallel to each other. The smaller lateral should be longer in length than the Troyer well.

Not one of my best shots, but you get the point.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service