Posting this discussion for people to update info on the new CNX Beachy well. Does anyone know how many wells will be on this pad?

Views: 17032

Replies to This Discussion

With the rig still there I wonder if this is from an upper formation or if they are drilling the lateral?

That's one huge flame!!

Dont know for sure. My bet is they are drilling the horizontal and are flaring the oil and gas that is coming to the surface while drilling. Could be testing the vertical section of the well if they hit gas and oil in the formation. More than likely they hit pockets of gas during drilling and are flaring it off in the stack.

Is the Flare still there? Do you know how long the rig has been running. This may be coming from the Clinton formation?

Why would they flare from the Clinton? Dont they sort of know whats there given all the clinton wells around? Just trying to educate myself.

what i have heard is that as they drill thru the differnt formations that have gas they let it come up the bore to the stack to flare it off. there would be no way to block the formation off till casing is in place. Also they cannot release raw unburned gas into the atmoshere.

No flare today. And yes it's noisy back there, so the rig could be running.

Is it possible for you to take a picture of the Troyer well Pumping Unit and the Tanks. Any idea what the well is doing. Last report the well made 7800 BBLS so far according to CONSOL  website.

I'm sorry, but I can't get pictures of the Troyer Well, it is "landlocked" with private property and can not be seen from the road. You can see it from a distance, but would need a very good camera to get decent photos. As for what they are producing, I have no clue. I did talk to a guy that lives very close to the well and he said Consol is being very tight lipped at this time about it.

I seen the other day the first horizontal lateral for this well is going to be close to 8000 feet long. Will be interesting to see what kind of production numbers come from this well when it is completed.

It seems the rig has been drilling for a long time. Does any one know if they are started on the second lateral?

I think the rig that is there now is a vertical rig. If it is they will have to bring in the horizontal rig after drilling the vertical holes.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service