Posting this for everyone's info. Anyone know the proposed location?

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/drilling/ohio-utica-shale-1.291290/grass-...

Views: 547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds a bit fishy to me. Mixing frack water with concrete to make slabs and then using it for some kind of industrial plant? Hopefully this works!

I don't know if fishy is the right word, but something's not quite right.  I mean, to have a waste disposal site that large in Barnesville's backyard and there hasn't been some sort of significant public notice, meetings, or hearings is truly mind-boggling.  I'm not saying the approval for this wasn't legal, but take it from me, a veteran of 25 years of legislative and regulatory experience, what's "lawful" isn't always good public policy.  No matter where you stand on the continuum of energy development policy--and I'm sure most of us here are benefiting to some degree from this boom--you have to be somewhat revolted by the idea that something on this scale, and this much a potential threat to public health, can be developed this quietly and with such little review and oversight.  Clearly, while significant strides have been made in safeguarding the actual drilling process, the disposal of wastes remains a significant problem, enough so that little known laws have to be passed allowing the industry loopholes to develop such waste disposal facilities.  That this can occur with scant public notice is rather outrageous, and only a random public records request shed light on it (a miracle in itself).  But hey, who cares about Belmont County anyway, right?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service