Recently this group has a bunch of new members but still has very little activity. How about ALL members sharing what they know is happening in Belmont County. Have you or any of your neighbors signed a lease? Have you or your neighbors been approached with any lease offers? Do you know of any landowner groups in Belmont County? What issues have you had to deal with in this process? Is anyone looking a pipeline right-of-way leases? What terms do you want in your lease when you do finally sign and why? The more information we share here with each other, the better prepared we will all be when we do sign leases and cash in on the mineral wealth under our lands in Belmont County.
Finnbear

PS - I am participating in the Smith-Goshen Landowners group, a landowner based, non-profit group. See http://hcolg.org/HowItWorks.html for an explanation of what a landowner non-profit is and how it works.

Views: 31687

Replies to This Discussion

Living in Colerain township, we had a meeting last night and as a group we are looking at 4000.00 per acre and 18.5 royalites, we are meeting next saturday.
Gary
Who is offering $4000 and 18.5% royalty?
Finnbear

Utica Landowners Groups LLC.

1. To negotiate a Bonus Payment of 4,000 per acre

2.To Make every effort to negotiate a Royality Payment of 18.75or more

3. To negotiate landowner friendly terms in an oil& gas lease with the driller

At this time theres no leases, this is just what we are asking for.....not sure how far this will go.

So this is just a wish list and not a bona fide offer from a driller or energy company?
Gulfport is dealing directly with landowners now. The phone number of their landagent is 405-242-4395. As I mentioned earlier their present offer is $3000 & 16%.
Utica Landowners Group received an offer from Exxon Mobil for $4250/18.75%.  Lease signing is next week.
Where is Utica landowners Group? I'm interested.
I think the landowners are spread around Belmont County; I'm sure the acreage isn't contiguous.  The person who dealt with Exxon Mobile is a lawyer named Sustersic (hope I spelled that right....).  They were allowing new people to enrol at the meeting last night, and may still be accepting members.

How does one contact this group?

What are their fees?

Any landowners in Washington Twp?

Any landowners in Murray Coal areas?

Is the 18.75% based on gross or net production and is the 18.75% based on a 640 or 1,280, contiguous or non-contiguous acreage drilling unit size?
I think I'd want to steer clear of a 1280 acre drilling unit. That just allows them to drill half as many wells and then the leases are HBP. Not a great deal for the landowner.

I'm sorry that I don't know all the facts yet, but here's the little I do know.

There were several addenda to the lease, all of which were approved by Exxon Mobil.

One may contact Mr. Sustersic  (Sustersic Law firm....# in phone book).

18.75% gross at the well head.  If the gas is transported and the company makes more money at the next phase, royalty is on the higher number.  I know I'm not explaining this part well, sorry.

The fees will be paid by Exxon Mobil, so no group fees or expenses at all will be charged to the landowners.

The royalty is based on 640 acres drilling unit. That was one of the addenda.  I don't know about contiguous or non-.  I didn't even know a drilling unit could be made up of non-contiguous acres.

I didn't know more than 4-5 people at the meeting, so I don't have a clue about where anyone was from.  I do know that there were even some from Jefferson County.  One landowner asked about Murray Coal; all I remember is that the lawyer said he had 'worked with' Murray before, with a good outcome.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service