The following link is to a website from our local paper.  http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_intelligencer/the_intelli...

The article is not as bad as the following comments however.  Most comments are against drilling.  I posted a comment to defend the process.  I am not a gas person or anything.  I am a school teacher who lives in Bucks County and has 25 acres in Bradford. I have done a ton of research on the process but am by no means an expert.  As someone who has been through the leasing process and all that it entails, I felt I had a pretty good understanding of what is happening so I felt that I could make a rational, sound comment in favor of drilling.  Well, they deleted my comment and the account associated with my comment was deleted as well so that I cannot post anymore to it. This is an absolute disgrace!! First there was the one-sided "Gasland" and now the press is surpressing comments from people who agree with the drilling and only keeping the comments that disagree. So much for rational discourse amoung citizens and the right to free and protected speech! It could be just a coincidence that my post was deleted but my entire account??  I think not.

Views: 865

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my experience, Chesapeak can be difficult to get in touch with. Did you call their number in Towanda (or Wysox, not sure which)? Try that directly. I found that one of the best places to get information is at the recorder of deeds office at the courthouse in Towanda. All gas leases have to be recorded through them so they have a pretty good idea of who is leasing and who isn't. They are VERY nice there and will even give you the phone numbers of some gas companies and some people to talk to. That's how I got my phone numbers when looking to lease. The company that I leased through is Talisman (formally Fortuna). I signed in March of this year but it was negotiated in December of last year. I am in Burlington Township, PA and received the same terms as the Friendsville Lease. I used the same attorney as the one that did Friendsville so he already had a working relationship with the company that I leased with. The attorney that I used was Warren Trainor and he is based in Philadelphia. A copy of the Friendsville lease can be found online if you do a search for it. I would suggest that if you are looking to lease, do your homework. Find out as much as you possibly can about leasing - the good and the bad- so that you don't get taken advantage of. I've had a good experience with the landman that I dealt with but I was also armed with a lot of information going in.
Personally, I have found the whole experience a bit of an emotional rollarcoaster. I started looking to lease and by the time I did my research, chose the right company for me, found the lawyer, and signed the lease it was approximately 10 months of back and forth - give and take. It was so worth it though. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Pam,
Thank you for your information. We are in Ridgebury township. I have been doing some research and I have a friend that leased but she is in another county in pa. I have been in touch with the courthouse in Towanda but I did not speak with them about the different companies, so thanks for that information. I have been trying to find out if they are leasing in Ridgebury and how to get started on the process. We know that there are some people who have leased and that there are wells in our area, but since we also live here in bucks county and only get up to our place sporadically, we don't know too many people up there. I would be happy to hear anything else you can offer in the way of advice.
If you would like to talk about the process that I went through, send me your number and I would be happy to contact you.
I would very much like to talk to you - can you e-mail me at sally@aecphilly.com, and I'll forward you my number.
Thanks
Pam, I would like to visit with you about contacting an attorney in the Marcellus area. Our family owns acreage in Greene County and I've tried getting through to Chesapeake, but it's impossible. All they take is voice mails. :-(
What info do you need?
Pam, did you sign up with the lawyer on a percentage basis or just a fee?
$250 an hour. The entire thing cost around $2000 with many phone calls and emails going back and forth
Any time you hear someone comment against drilling gas, don't get confrontational; respectfully ask them to tell you what actual FACTS they are basing their position on. FACTS! And I mean nail them down if they reply with supposed facts. Ask them exactly where they got their facts from and where you can confirm what they are telling you. That goes for the guy on the street, the media, the politicians, the government regulators, etc. In most cases, they have no facts. If you arm yourself with some real facts that support drilling and present them in a respectful and intelligent manner, you may convince some (not all) folks to start basing their opinions on substance rather than on hype. BTW - sometimes they may have real facts, and we should all be interested in those so we can gain real knowledge about all of this.
The most alarming thing is the idea that censureship is now ok. Will definitely get more involved in this info when time permits. Scary!
As one who lives in the midst of the drilling in the Dimock area, I can attest to the benefits drilling has brought to this area. While I feel for my neighbors with water problems, it truly is an isolated event, and the vast majority of the locals here are in support of responsible drilling.
Have you watched "Gasland?" One sided maybe, if you think patriotism is one sided. Over 80,000 pounds of HAZARDOUS chemicals in every frack, this is what "Gasland" was about. Each well fracked 2 times, 4 times, up to 15 times, times 4000 wells this year in Pennsylvania and they leave the chemicals there. The chemicals used are not secret, check DEP.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service