I know of a few locations for the planned "appraisal wells" that BP is planning for 2013.  Vienna, Hartford & kinsman.  Does anyone know of other locations and if they are only vertical for test - can they be drilled horizontally for production later? Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help us learn.

Views: 10182

Replies to This Discussion

More activity now on rt 7 - Kinsman.  Jerry Carr property.  Mailbox up on well drive - no name yet.  Another BP test well?  Anyone know?

I just drove by that today.  No idea if it is BP or not though.

Also, there are a lot of markers on Ray State Line and Ward North corner.  The pink flags say, "BORDER".  I'm not sure what the yellow flags say.  Then the orange flags say, "TELEPHONE LINE". 

The one line of pink flags is just on the edge of my Mom's property all the way to Ward North.  If it's a well, I would think that it would be BP, because that's who my Mom signed with.

Any idea what all of that is?  Is it possible a well is being put there?

No idea Amanda. I

Have you checked the ODNR interactive map?  It shows all well locations (old & new).  It includes info on properties invoved, drillers, etc.  Pretty cool.  The database is very informative as well showing well platts and everyone included in a drilling unit. 

I have checked the ODNR, but I have a hard time finding the information.  :-(

Sometimes I am able to find some information, but certainly not the detailed information that you mention.  I even downloaded the app "Rig Data".  It is not very informative.  It would be for a price, but I know that info is out there for free. 

I'll check again.  Thanks MJ!

It's not as user friendly as some would hope - but it is there.  I will try to walk you thru the steps when i have some time to compose something understandable.  Believe me - it took me some time to figure out.  Good night Amanda and all other people of the shale :)

I will refer you to a post that is most useful in figuring out the workings of the map and database.  It is titled "Finding Plat Maps For Ohio" in the main area of this site.  Jay does a good job of explaing it, although you may want to print the instructions he gives.

Thank you, MJ.  I will check this out.

It is another BP test well, but I was told the well is going on the neighboring property.  They used Carr's property since he already had an established drive off of Route 7.  They're extending the drive and will cut across his field to get to the neighboring property.

I saw this story on WKBN.com and wanted to share it:

Shale Drilling Begins in Johnston Township

Drilling operations into the Utica Shale are beginning in Trumbull County.

http://j.wkbn.com/nxs4f

Sent from my iPhone

Bp's first Horizontal well will be drilled with a 3000' Lateral from the pad towards the northwest - approximately 30 degrees west from north.  All other announced Bp well sites appear to be stratigraphic vertical "test" wells.  Appears to be a couple other operators doing the same thing - ie Chesapeake in a few spots (Logan site for one) and of course Halcon is very busy in our area right now with production wells and some pipeline and pumpstation activity in burghill.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service