If you live in Trumbull County, Ohio you may have received offers to buy your mineral rights. Those offers have probably been quite low.

Buy low, sell high; Strike while the iron is hot etc. The folks behind these offers are attempting to take advantage of the disappointment of land owners in Trumbull County. Disappointment by the recent actions of BP and Halcon. They see an opportunity to buy mineral rights on the cheap and sell them later for extreme profits when the value of those mineral rights rise.

If someone is willing to buy your mineral rights then it must mean that they see future development coming. My suggestion is that landowners remain calm and exercise a little patience. Development will come.

Views: 5764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think there are those of us that believe that the ability / technology to retrieve our resources exists but that it's (probably) more of an expense (right now) than it is to retrieve them elsewhere in Ohio.

I'm in that camp / that's my guess.

"If you like your minerals, you can keep your minerals. "

I see what you did there, Summer.  Funny.

"If you like your minerals, you can keep your minerals."

I think that (unfortunately) it may not be true in all instances these days in Ohio considering Force Pooling / Force Unitization enactments.

Landowners have to swallow forced pooling.  It is an inevitability.  If the state's mission is to reach maximum production then the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.  I don't like it one bit, but there are a lot of landowners who, over the years, have argued for forced pooling and they didn't even know it.  

I and my family would like to see that over reach changed.

The government doesn't drill the wells or own privately owned land.

Developers drill the wells and private landowners own their land.

Government controlled lands are a different story.

Government should force development on their lands and back away from forcing  private owners to accept a deal they may deem deficient - unless government compensates private landowners for loss of valuable consideration (as in eminent domain situations).

All as always only IMHO.

Preaching to the choir, man.  I don't mind the unholy alliance between government and corporate interests on some things, but when you start forcing people to be part of something like that I have real concerns.

"If you like your minerals, you can keep your minerals. "

"I see what you did there, Summer.  Funny."

Hilarious Dexter. Most Northeast Ohioans love humor. It helps us through the day. You must not be from around here. Your humor seemingly has a different flavor and intent.

You must be a joy at parties.  And perhaps a little sensitive about that man in that white home in DC whom you voted for and for whom that joke was aimed.  

Dexter, Dexter. Shame on you. There you go with politics again. I know, "If you like your healthcare, you can keep your healthcare." Summer's response actually sounded to me more like a landman's final volley  - "Keep your mineral rights, we'll just drill around you."  That's what got my dander up. You seem to be the one fixated on the man in the White House. One of the the wonderful things about America, the greatest country in the world, is that who I voted for is none of your darn business. I vote, and then try to deal with what Washington throws at us. I try not to dwell on things I can't change as you seem to.   And when it comes to my demeanor at parties, you have absolutely insulted me. Shame on you again. Give me a couple of beers, and I sure think that I'm a funny guy. My wife has told me once or twice that I may have been over rating my comedic talent. She is a lot smarter than me, so I try to take her advice. Her motives are in my best interest. You are a very intelligent guy, very smart, I just don't think your motives are in landowners best interests in our area.

Summer's response actually sounded to me more like a landman's final volley  - "Keep your mineral rights, we'll just drill around you." 

Landman? Now THAT'S funny. Your wife is wrong; you DO have comedic talent.

Really, I can't decide what's the bigger problem; whether you're upset because you're not being offered enough money or you're not being offered money at all because of some grand scheme the gascos have devised, supposedly downplaying all the riches beneath the ground just so they can save a couple of bucks on signing bonuses.  

Despite the fact that both BP and Halcon have publicly expressed disappointment in the northern Utica wells, despite the fact that the production results posted by ODNR reflect those poor results, despite the fact that, apparently, no other gasco is rushing in to buy those leases, it has not sunk in that, presently, the EROEI just isn't there. I think about the only excuse or rationale I haven't read yet is that little green men from Mars have come to earth and siphoned all the NGLs off from the northern Utica. That's how ridiculous this has become.

This entire thread began with "I want to meet the people who are buying mineral rights in Trumbull county right now. I have a bridge to sell them." and has now arrived at "I think about the only excuse or rationale I haven't read yet is that little green men from Mars have come to earth and siphoned all the NGLs off from the northern Utica." Now we have had the opportunity to read even that.
   You are absolutely right. This has become silly. Everyone knows that O&G companies are above reproach. If we are lucky enough to have any of them re-enter our lives, which obviously isn't going to happen, we must simply accept their offerings without complaint or scrutiny. I apologize for my skepticism. I apologize for wasting anyone's time who may have read any of this. I must however draw the line at telling my wife she is wrong. I might just be a country bumpkin, but I'm not that stupid. 

Sage59,

I understand your humor and mild sarcasm but I hope it's not misunderstood (by others) as encouragement to accelerate the beating of the negative drum - lol !

And BTW I believe your skepticism is well founded Mr. Sage59.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service