Just released this morning. Good news for all in the wet zone of the Play.

http://www.chk.com/News/Articles/Pages/1610725.aspx

• The Buell 10-11-5 8H in Harrison County, Ohio was drilled to a lateral length of 6,418 feet and achieved a peak rate of 9.5 million cubic feet (mmcf) per day of natural gas and 1,425 barrels (bbls) per day of natural gas liquids and oil (liquids), or 3,010 barrels of oil equivalent (boe) per day;
  • The Mangun 22-15-5 8H in Carroll County, Ohio was drilled to a lateral length of 6,231 feet and achieved a peak rate of 3.1 mmcf per day of natural gas and 1,015 bbls per day of liquids, or 1,530 boe per day;
  • The Neider 10-14-5 3H in Carroll County, Ohio was drilled to a lateral length of 4,152 feet and achieved a peak rate of 3.8 mmcf per day of natural gas and 980 bbls per day of liquids, or 1,615 boe per day; and
  • The Thompson 3H in Beaver County, Pennsylvania was drilled to a lateral length of 4,322 feet and achieved a peak rate of 6.4 mmcf per day of dry natural gas.

Views: 11769

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David

north or south of Louisville

actually just directly east of Louisville
Keep in mind the Buell well was only a 177 acre unit
Makes the numbers that much more impressive

An interesting announcement that might one day make ethane more marketable.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2011/09/29/siluria-wins-fundin...

Love it...any confirmed news on Portage County would be appreciated...I hear rumors only. I own 160 acres and they can have it all.
Ryan, our land is in Portage too. What kind of rumors are you hearing? I am ready to lease, but waiting just a bit.
It appears that Columbiana County is half wet half dry.  We are on the Pa border in the Dry zone.....what does that mean for us?

Melissa;  Don't think that area is a dry zone. It may be out of the oil zone but I think it is a wet gas zone and companies are interested. I know of at least one that is.  Email me at landownerslease@hotmail.com

How many acres do you have? Keep in mind the Utica is an unexplored zone and the maps are not very accurate.  Companies are willing to explore various areas until they have the strata accurately mapped out.

We are already leased with Chesapeake.....we signed last fall before all the huge hoopla.   Wishing we would have held out.   We have 150 acres

Do not despair. You are in a very good area of wet gas and will do quite well once your in a unit and a well is drilled. And this area should be developed fairly quickly.

Are all or most of your neighbors also leased? That would help in getting a unit put together.

I do know that there are at least 3 or 4 surrounding us signed.  From what I understand you need a 640 acre block?   I do know that the land holders as of last time I spoke with them on the PA side of the line had not been approached yet.  Different state / county / etc.  They may have been as of recent but as of 4 to 6 months ago they were not.   Part of that land is State Game Lands......and there is some private ownership.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service