I'm sorry if this was posted and I missed it.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/chief-acquires-chesapeake-leases-f...

Views: 1565

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How many acres was involved?  Of course even if we knew the acreage it would be hard to figure what the acreage is worth since this sale  included a lot of producing wells, gathering lines, and processing capacity.

I read in an article that said it was a 75,000 gross-acre leasehold in Bradford, Lycoming, Sullivan, Susquehanna and Wyoming counties.

Thanks for this - I did not see it before.  

Chesapeake also had a bunch of acreage for sale in a half dozen or so counties in Ohio through a listing with Meagher Energy Advisors - it sat for ages and never showed up as sold.  

Now, I see the listing is gone....wondering what eventually happened to it - thinking that they may have had a change of heart and have decided to keep it.  It was acreage in a bunch of northern counties as well as acreage in southern counties including Perry, Washington, Athens and Meigs. Hmmmm.

@6million$/well and the upfront leasing cost , it looks like a near "break even" for CK.....

That's assuming an average of 5 million cubic feet per well for the ones producing.

Does it really cost 6 million $ for a well?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service