chesapeake has submitted there application with the dep for the kirk hadley 8H  so they will probably start drilling ther first horizotal before to long,  anyone might see a drilling rig or activity they might post it should be located off wick rd on  the sancho creek rd area

Views: 9884

Replies to This Discussion

ANY ACTIVITY ON HICKMAN RUN YET. THERES A FEW BIG FARMS AT THE END OF THE ROAD

The plat map of the Hadley 8H unit can now be found on the DEP site http://www.dep.wv.gov/oil-and-gas/GI/Pages/WeeklyReports.aspx should be plat # 69 of 126.  kind of an odd shaped unit, wonder how they figure those out . who knows.. interesting .

Rick, the word "unit" does not appear on the plat. Surely, the acreage listed (300+), doesn't represent the size of the unit  but rather, the total acreage held by the mineral owners that will receive royalties from this well. This single well should only affect 1/3 of that acreage.

Does the state of WV require that a unit be delineated for horizontal shallow wells?

I have heard most of chesapeakes unit sizes are around 640 acres,  i just do not know mutch about how they build or declare units, 

maybey someone with first hand knowledge , will  read this and post more info.

I think the 640 acres would be for a six well pad.

Anything new on the Hadley 8H well?

They have started pushing dirt around!

Thanks Bob.
Any September developments?
I was talking to a local yesterday. He indicated that the road into the well site was completed or nearly completed but he wasn't aware of any other activity at the site.

Above is the Hadley well site as of 11/23/11. Sorry for the poor picture, it was a hazy, wet day and the site was about 1/2 mile away. Lots of container trailers and a drilling rig??

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service