Do well drillers ever extend horizontals after they were developed?

Just a procedural question on drilling.  Does anyone know if a horizontal line is ever extended after it has been developed?   There is a producing well on my neighbors property that has a 2000 foot horizontal that ends at my property line.  As we are leased with different companies, I figured it would have went on for another 2-3,000 feet if we were leased with the same Co.  Lease is up in September, not sure which company to try to lease to the one that drilled on the neighbors, or the one I'm currently with..... My opinion is the "ship has sailed" and they don't extend horizontals after they have been fraced and put into production..... 

Views: 2329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jack

Here's the company and the website.  Line 3 and 4

www.marksmen.ca/t/Ohio.asp

Marksmen is a tiny little Canadian outfit that would seem to intend to drill (very) shallow wells in the area surrounding the old Trenton Limestone fields (such as the Lima-Indiana Oil Field). They plan to operate in the extreme NW corner of Ohio. This is in the Michigan Basin, not the Appalachian Basin where the Marcellus and Utica Shales are currently of interest.

They state an interest in attempting to locate small accumulations that were missed in the past (long history) of drilling in the area.

In so much as the Utica overlies the Trenton .... and the Trenton is only about 1100' deep, the Utica is very shallow.

Marksmen does not need to frac, because Marksmen do not appear to be targeting the Utica Shale; instead they are looking for conventional traps in the Trenton Limestone.

I cannot find where Marksmen have yet drilling anything.

Their shares are listed on the Toronto Venture (Vulture) Exchange; where the shares trade for $0.15/share. They recently raised $2,250,000 in a share offering (petty cash for a big shot operator like Frank Dux).

They are "small potatoes" and look to be drilling shallow wells, trying to mop up what was missed in the area over the last 125 years.

All IMHO,

JS

nice intel mr straw are they in pa anywhere yet

and nice shot

The only assets that  Marksmen have are interests in the neighborhood of the Lima-Indiana Oil Field.

If two people meet in a bar people in Calgary, Alberta .... they talk about hockey.

If three people meet in a bar people in Calgary, Alberta .... they talk about starting an Oil Company.

For every 100 companies that start out on the Canadian Venture Vulture Exchange with penny stock, five years later maybe two or three are still in business.

But it seems that the guys who start these companies always seem to have the seed money to start another one ... I am not sure whether the investors in the first company have enough money left to invest in a second company.

All IMHO,

JS

Jack Straw,
Thanks for all of your valued
assistance.
J-O

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service