Dominion hiring Texas Company to build processing plant in WV

While WV Lawmakers dally and continue to fail to pass laws regulating and protecting West Virginians interests, in the Marcellus Shale industry, we continue to fall behind in reaping the benefits from one of our most valuable resources...

Texas company to build processing plant in WV

Views: 1861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why is he not looking for a job in Ceramic Engineering?

Hi, Finnbear,

For 2 very good reasons:

1) The glass & ceramic industry has packed up and left WV, OH & PA - for much cheaper foreign labor forces - than can be had in the USA.  Now, even NASA's space programs (who's safety of their missions relied upon the life saving heat proofing ceramic technology, in the tiles covering spacecraft) have been curtailed.

2) As his mother, I will not give the "OK" for my son (and my only grandchild) to move to a hostile, foreign or third world country - and be even further away from me...

Sincerely,

Kit

If the industry he was in has left the area, he will have to re-focus and learn something new. With a mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering degree, he should be able to have a decent career in the states you mentioned. Petrochemical engineering is going to be important in OH, PA, WV, and NY for at least the next 30 years or so. Plastics have replaced the rubber industry we had in NE Ohio. With such a narrow focus of Ceramic engineering he may need to add a bit to his education but he should already have the bulk of what he needs. In the 27 years I've been dealing with industry in Ohio, I've seen it change more times than I care to count. The only way to stay in the game is to adapt, re-tool, and re-educate yourself to be able to take advantage of the new opportunities on the horizon. Good engineers have always been in demand during my career.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service