What do you all think is the going rate for seismic testing? DAS offered me 5 bucks an acre. Isnt it worth more to them to get valuable information? The wire they use to connect the explosives cost more than that.

Views: 10126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Should the fee paid per acrer be different dependent on the type of testing is done on the property.   I was just offered $5/acrer for 2D testing.  The sesmic company is working for "a few gas companies" and they want to get the image of an 8.5 mile long line. 

A single 2-D seismic line is a much simpler process than a 3-D survey.

They will survey and put in survey stakes days in advance of "shooting" the line.

Then when the time come to acquire the data, they will likely complete the work on your land in less than 24 hours.

This all should be minimally disruptive to you and to your property.

I would suggest that you obtain a full explanation of what they will be doing and exactly where they intend to do it; they should be happy to oblige.

I would suggest that you obtain the cell phone number of the "Party Chief" (he should be the most senior person on site); this obtained in the unlikely case that someting occurs that is not to your satisfaction. 

I would suggest a liability/damages clause to be included in the agreement - if not already there (although i would not anticipate any damages).

I would ask for at least 24 hours notice prior to their employees entering your property; as a courtesy, you should know who will be on your property (and when).

$5/acre is the going rate, for the minimal disruption - I hope that you have enough acreage to allow you to take your "significant other" out to the nicest restaurant in the area.

All IMHO,

JS

Thanks Jack, your reply was very helpful.   I have 56 acres, so $258, I can get a nice meal out of it!  The permit does have most of the things that you stated except for the 24 hour notice. 

hello fellow land owners when i posted about the seismic testing and what they were offering i was amazed at the response that has followed. my brother-inlaw and i have both signed lease's and were happy with  what we recieved when he asked why i was resricted and he was not it was because i had not signed the paper for the seismic test i think when these people send out a letter they should meet the folk's whose land they want to be testing on but again thats just me    i talked to a person from the seismic company and told them when i would be in town gave them my phone number and they never called while i was there i would like to meet the people who are goin to be own my prperty as i work out of state and am home only for short stays i'm thankful for the neighbors who watch my house and let me know when something is going on it is not about the money it is how they go about it as landowner's who pay are taxes and get up every morning and go to work instead of colleting a hand out from uncle sam. we our the one's who support the system show us a little more respect.than just a piece of paper with a phone number and a name and then you don't answer your phone. thank's everyone and have a great labor day ron rohr land owner harrison county ohio...

Respect begets cooperation.

Cooperation begets respect.

What many in the industry seem to forget is that the landowners deserve respect.

What many in the industry seem to forget is that the landowners time is valuable.

What many in the industry seem to forget is that the landowners attachment to the land often goes back generations; many landowners identify with the land that has been an integral part of their lives (over the entire span of their lives).

What many in the industry seem to forget is that the landowners often have full lives and are not able or inclined to drop matters in order to work to their schedule.

What many in the industry seem to forget is that (in many cases) they need the landowners more than the landowners need (or want) them.

All IMHO,

JS

For all the chatter, can anyone who is happy with their agreement please post it to this thread.

Such an agreement "on the table" would provide a more useful for this thread to pursue.

One page back I posted my very positive experience with the whole seismic testing. I still have yet to find anyone unhappy with it or anyone who's said they wish they didn't sign and since the oil and gas is my new favorite subject I talk to anyone who will talk to me about all stages of this developing play.

Have already posted my experience with the 3d they came , got'er done and gone with zero evidence that anything happened , should be a good thing  in to long run, i am sure shell is not spending millions just to aggravate the land owners. and no i did not get paid for their work but if better wells are the result maybe every one gets some benefit .

hello everyone i just got off the phone with global they are going to do the seismic test on my property they said ten dollars an acre will sign the paper as soon as it gets to me and i can return it back at last they made some form of contact and i was told that the man in charge would sit down and talk with me about their process when i get back to town it will be great when they get up and running in our neck of the woods as always i will remain patient and let the good times roll ron rohr land owner harrison county ohio.

THEY DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PROPERTY AS THEY FOUND IT!

Don ;

could you detail this ......... like what happened?

THEY MADE A STATEMENT AT A MEETING " THAT THEY WOULD LEAVE THE PROPERTY AS IT WAS BEFORE THEY STARTED". THEY HAVE STILL TO CLEAN UP ALL THEIR TRASH THREW ON THE PROPERTY AFTER MANY TRYS . THE LAST EXCUSE WAS THEY WERE SHOT AT ( BUT THEY NEVER FILE POLICE REPORTS).  THEY LEFT THEIR TRASH ON OTHER  PROPERTIES AS WELL! THIS IS WIRE, STAKES, DRILLING DBAGS AND MARKINGS. THEY JUST KEEP MAKING EXCUSES SINCE THE FIRST DAY THEY TRESSPASSED ON THE PROPERTY!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service