How long can gas co. can hold my land for rightaway with no activity or survey done yet?

We are in processing of negotating an addendum for a pipeline rightaway. Company comes back and says they cannot use the 50 ft right way now we originally signed on for, they now need a 100 ft right away..we originally signed for the 50 foot row last may with no survey yet or work started, they now what a bigger row that is being viewed by an attorney. My questions is, how long can they hold my property  without no activity or survey done yet?. It will be almost a year with nothing done yet. I would like to know because we would like to know where we  want to put a camper back on the property and have no idea where anything is going...what is the law concerning them holding my property with no activty. I guess I could ask my attorney this also but wanted some others to chime in on their experience...

thanks

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your agreement on the 50' ROW may tell you how long they have to begin and complete construction, and may describe the conditions that qualify as 'abandonment'.

If it does not, then they have as long as they want to begin and complete construction, and it is never automatically abandoned. You attorney should have added those conditions before you agreed to sign.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service