We seem to hear alot about Chesapeke siphoning off alot of deductions from royalty checks. How are the other gascos treating their landowners? Shell , Range , Hilcorp , Chevron , etc. , etc.?

Views: 17716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you get royalties from 4 companies? How does that work?

370,000mcf/month * 1 month/30 days * 1mmcf/1000mcf = 12.3 mmcf/day, which is good!

thanks so much..hope you are right...

M=1000 (Roman numeral)

So 370000(M) = 370(MM)

370/30 days = 12.33 1/3 MMcf a day 

Strange but B=Billion and T=Trillion Romans didn't have a Federal Reserve or printing presses so didn't need numbers that big. : ))

Ccf (100) was used by utilities but most now use therms.

Don't get to excited about getting a big check!

Consol took a 30% deduction!

if your royalties are18%, is 30% taken for deductions leave 12.6% ?

If your 18% royalties on the gas sold earned you $100.  They would take a 30% deduction from the $100 or $30.

Mr. Monyak,  where has Consol taken deductions at 30%?  Is this common for them or only an isolated occasion because of high gathering or processing expenses for wet gas?   Do you think their deduction would be as high in a dry gas area?

My royalty rate is 15.5% and the lease is in Greene County which is a dry gas area.  I am an O&G accountant and I will be auditing their numbers, but I have not found the time to do the audit.  I think they are taking advantage of us landowners since Noble Energy owns half of the well and they don't make any deductions on their royalty checks. The questions now is Consol deductions correct or did they cross the line?? 

James,

If you don't mind me asking, were the deductions assessed by Consol or CONE Gathering?   For well pads around me (Westmoreland Co.) I believe Noble and Consol are 50/50 owners of the well pad infrastructure and then there is this entity CONE Gathering who owns and operates the gathering lines between the pads and the transmission line.  

The gathering system is operated by Appalachian Midstream Services, which is a subsidiary of Access Midstream Partners

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service