I have a contract that explicitly states that there are to be no production costs applied to my royalty check except where there are taxes due on the royalty monies.  I my discussion with the company they reply with a completely incoherent statement that makes absolutely no sense.  Has anyone been successful in dealing with this issue and can provide me some direction.  Thanks for any information.

Views: 3669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It isn't true. And I was not too impressed with the Attorney either.

Rather inexperienced. And no true auditing experience or verifiable contacts with those with demonstrable experience. His team is "winging it", and should a true forensic audit be necessary, they will be happy to take your money and use you to be their first "training" client.

Audit rights within a lease can always be used to question lease payments. That's why we put'em in there.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking as well. The point about the direct deposit is a good one too. Also, I read articles about people winning disputes with Chesapeake over royalties, and they were accepting the payments all along.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service