Is Forced Pooling being used to get around old gas lease limitations?

Views: 2498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For information Phil and to be most clear, we (specifically I and my wife as landowners) are looking for a Utica Class, landowner cognizant lease as opposed to being Force Pooled / Force Unitized / our land / minerals siezed by action of Eminent Domain.

All of these other comments were discussed as might be applied to the other examples specified within this post as seemingly problematic.

I do believe the driller has to have either 65% or 75% of the leases in a declared unit.  So if the driller had a bunch of adjacent parcels with say around 400 acres worth they could apply to ODNR to use just a couple hundred acres of Raven Rocks to finish out the unit, then I think they could eventually drill under alot of their acres.  A company was going to do this with my neighbors because he had Unitization taken out of his old lease.  So I do believe it can happen to them eventually. It's all politics 

Tangled web of politics for sure Evan.

I've also read 65%.

Can't see however how any acreage outside of any 'declared unit' (as you've called it) could be drilled unless leased for development myself.

Thanks for your reply.

My guess is that some of the outside edges of Raven Rocks will be force pooled but not the main core.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service