Josh Fox is charging $7,500 for speaking appearances now...LOL!

along with the requisite of round trip air fare to and from NYC. Anyone remember those salsa commercials... "this stuff is made in..new york city... NEW YORK CITY?"  haha

Josh Fox, looking out for the little guy! 

Views: 1094

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes, i agree the money being earned all around this industry is astounding.  but i have to ask, is the money you make inversely correlated to your concern for the little guy?   http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalcapital/2009/04/21/energy-riches-...

Hey Mike, Was just wondering what the salary is for some of the executives in the gas industry? Not counting their stock options or bonuses.... Let's break that down on a daily basis...The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Ken, see the link I posted. 

If the answer to my question is yes, the more money you make the further you are from caring about the little guy, then Chesapeake's CEO is floating around in the stratosphere somewhere and has absolutely no clue/concern as to what is happening on this planet, let alone in our backyards. 

Every time Josh Fox is mentioned here, the more power you are giving him and his message.  If the "industry" would not have been so vocal about getting his movie removed from Oscar contention, it would have just slid under the radar as another boring documentary, but instead it cast more light on it.  Now people are clamoring to see it BECAUSE of the industry's desire to squelch it. 

Someone should take the guns away from the o/g industry reps or teach them to quit aiming at their feet. 

I couldn't disagree more.  The industry needs to be addressing the bogus information contained in his documentary.  To sit silent implies that we have no contradiction to his claims, and may as well be an admission of guilt.  The facts are on our side, we need to make those facts known.

Mike, the sad thing is this, it's not profitable and like many ppl it's easyer to not react the many knats who fly arond like Fox.  If the industry can't spend time shooting at flies when they have real info to send to ppl who already have the brains to know the truth. Mike Moore said in the film Coperation, that he makes films to crizise the free markeet system and those films are shown on networks owned by major corprations.  why? it's profitable. 

The viewing audence is not 500 CEO's, it's the masses of ppl who work till 5, come home and turn on the tube.  And are we not still Drilling?  So why bother?  The more we say, the more Fox has to counter.

And why dose the industry need to speak more?  What have the people done?  Make a film, make a bumper sticker, make radio spot.  This is ourindustry as well.

The industry needs to speak more because whether you want to believe it or not, there is now a national conversation going on about fracking and natural gas drilling. Front page of the New York Times multiple days is a big deal.  Stirred up  90% of the populace doesn't know the first thing about the industry but they all will within the next year or two.  If the only voice out there speaking is the anti-drilling extremists, then that's what people are going to believe.  

yea, The people's reaction to that story was GREAT!  You know about the clean bill of health stories.  You must know, in your situation that the water cleaning business has been active in the facts as a result of that story and news companies have been getting a shock when they call-looking for dirt.  

When the radical nutjobs open their mouths, they make themselves fools.
The industry can't have as much of an effect as the little man.  

And the only voice? Gosh, what are all those groups about?  The MSC, every oil group, refining company, education company, speakers and web sites? 

The gooberment will attack it today and the day they have some other opertunity, they will be onto that one. Do you think for a second any one of the states drilling wants to look like NY State? 

Mike, I just looked at the stories connected to water written by the times.  In the past 3 years, they have gone after every single industry connected to water, mostly in the spring for some reason....  the bad men include city sewer plants, coal, oil, gas, farming and landscapers.  In every case it's the same old same. A man in a black hat poisons the water in a white hat town. 

SO how many of those companies were shut down by the belling ringing (ad selling) Times?   And why give them the free ad time?

that is why the industry isn't going to do anything.

They shut it down in NY.  They shut it down in MD.  The EPA is sniffing around and offering "suggestions" just recently after making a big scene about superseding the state government in going after XTO down in TX.  Dont you think for a second that it couldn't happen here, even if it's under the guise of "temporary moratorium until further testing is done", which could take years. 

They just started a "Marcellus Shale Caucus" in Washington.  People are starting to realize just how big this is, and its going to be a nasty, nasty fight. 

Yeah they shut down new york we should be grateful. Can you imagine how crappy the market would be all that gas was on the market? Did any of those industries get shut down completely? We still mine coal We still drill for oil And we still spread cow poop all over the place. These stories have virtually no affect on existing businesses. But everytime you say his name you get mr fox free press. The other point is this. With so many people working in paying taxes in pennsylvania would you want to be the republican and power the day the industry was shut down? Do you want to have that many unemployed people on your hands? If you thought the real estate bubble was bad the number of repossessed homes water trucks businesses and so 1 would absolutely rack the keystone state.
And most importantly if you or anyone on this forum profiting or hoax to profit from this industry you need to stop looking to the big companies take some of the well if you received your self and defend your own interests. I don't know but you block I believe in small government that means if you believe in it save your own ass

then why is it tha Chess was ellected one of the nations best co's to to work for? 

the CEO of Chess is only one man.  he's not Christ, he's not Ala... and he has little to do with some farmer in Iowa. Infact I'd bet that the CEO of a major company is not the issue when someone gets stuck in the back.  But we shoot at him becouse he's got more money than we do.  Heavy lies the crown.

I'd say that the ribbing of HBO and F*x's $ backers created the buzz that made him who he is.  His contacts got him into Sundance film fest. That was the part that pushed him over. If you check netflix, the numner of such films is SICK! But few talk about Gas oddisy, why?  he has no backers. he has no idea how to create press or buzz.  Fox also pulls stunts like any film person to make us go over the edge.  Fist fights in NY State outside his film,  People from Ithica who come to rural land meetings to cause fights and more. 

Say why has no one here put light on Hallibertons Food based fracturing mix? 

I was at their site a few week ago, I think the info is there, it would be good if some one closer to the industry could explain it to us.   The relationships between the chemical , their uses and such.

http://www.halliburton.com/

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service