I have been working with Chesapeake Energy in leasing my land.  Has anyone else been approached about leasing.  I am told they are planning on drilling in the Utica Shale.  I am sure there are other members who have been contacted. 

Views: 3115

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats Dave, glad you got your deal done!
Dave, would you be able to share the attorney's name and number?
if you give me your email address. I don't want to put it in this blog. I will send it to you privately.
David: Are you able to share with us what you signed for. I am not sure how close we are to you we are s. of Canal Fulton on 93. Thanks, Tim
I was contacted yesterday by a rep from Chesapeake Energy on 12/4/2010. he said they are interested in drilling in our area, south west Start County (outside Wilmot, Ohio). I only have 5 acres, but there are some large farms that suround me. He said they would like to have things wraped up before Christmas. I told him that I'm not signing anything till I do some research on this and talk to all my neighbor's. Do you know of ant attorney's in this area that we could talk to? Thanks, Nick

Nick:  Can you tell us what the offer from Chesapeke was for?  I am near you and was also contacted by them last week and have not agreed to anything yet. 

Thanks,Mike

They were offering $300.00 per acre and there royalty calculations were $703.00 per month. There was going to be a meeting in PlainTwp about this type of drilling that I was going to go to but it was canceled due to the weather. It has not been rescheduled yet.

Thanks, I received approx. the same for small acreage.  Mike

Mike, Where are you located at?

Thanks,

Nick

I live on the other side of Stark County and that is the offer they made to me last summer.  It sounded good then but I just signed last month for quite a bit more per acre.  I got together with some of the other farms that border mine and I put together about 450 acres for them.  Small group in the scale of things but it helped when we met and had about 6 people there all working together.  I think it helped by going this route. 

I would suggest calling your neighbors and see if they have been contacted.  Chances are they have and if you all work together, I think you might be more of a percentage on royalty and a large signing bonue.  But bottom line, you have to do what you feel best for you and your family.  Just try to learn as much as you can so you can make an informed decision if and when you sign. 

Did you take the contract to a lawyer to look it over before signing?

actually the person from CHK brought us changes that were put together for another group.  These changes were put together by an oil and gas atty.   We looked them over and they seemed ok.  then we took them to our own atty and paid him to review them and he was ok with the admendments.   The person from CHK was very good to work with. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service