Magnum Hunter Resources Management Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript

Looks Good....Your thoughts??
Gary C. Evans - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

The Tippens well is located 9 miles north and east of our Stalder Pad, which, as Jim has indicated, we're drilling the pad hole and will soon drill the lateral section. We're tying that well into our Eureka Hunter Pipeline System. It will be tied in by mid-December. And that well tested at 23 million a day of dry gas. And it maxed out the production equipment that was on location. We believe the well will do better than that, and we'll know as we tie it into the Eureka Hunter System. So there's data point #1.

Data point #2 was a well just announced here over the last couple of days called the Irons well by Gulf Port. It's located just due north of our Stalder Pad and North and East of our Farley Pad. It tested at 30 million cubic feet of gas a day. So let me remind you, 30 million cubic feet of gas a day is equivalent of 5,000 barrels a day on a 6:1 ratio.

So now let's go to the south and the east. The Garvin well, owned by PDC, was announced. That well went on production about 3 weeks ago, and it's located south and east of our Farley Pad, and Jim, correct me, it was around 3,000, 4,000 barrels a day. Is that correct?

James W. Denny - Executive Vice President of Operations and President of Appalachian Division

That's correct.

Gary C. Evans - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
So here we've got 3 new data points that we didn't have 60 days ago. And now -- and then we put our Farley well on, and granted, we only have 10 of the 26 stages open. But the combination of the pressures and the combination of the things that we see from that well -- and as you know, it was basically a blowout of that well and a natural fracture. So that had got us highly encouraged that we have something that's really unique here.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1824162-magnum-hunter-resources-man...

Views: 1126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in the starter unitI watch them every day through binoculars and it seems pretty interesting just wished I knew what was going on
I'm in the stalder unit can you get a tour of the site

What's goin on there? Is that well producing? MHR is lax in reporting results re Utica

the torch had a lot of yellow color I would say it is the wet gas well $$$$$/

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service