Were any of you in attendance at the meeting with KWGD on Monday at the PLCC. I was there and was totally surprised by the number of people in attendance. What were your thoughts about the meeting? I found it to be very informative.

Views: 35242

Replies to This Discussion

Dave that was a suggestion Mike said he has done that for many people. Why the nasty attitude?

My apologies Tom, I clearly see now that your comment was entirely constructive, was a true gesture of kindness, and was not intended to be a dig at anyone. 

Now where is that nasty sarcasm key...ahh yes Ctrl+Alt S

Your luck might not be so bad if you have not been receiving any benefit from that HBP well (production royalties, shut in royalty, delay rental, etc.).  Have a good O&G attorney look this over.

The Letter Agreement with Gulfport states that they have 120 days of Due Diligence. If there is a title defect then the Lessor has 90 days to cure the defect not to exceed 210 days from the date of lease execution.  I would work with KWGD to try and resolve this.  If you don't get paid then they don't get paid.

Exactly. I am sure they will jump on it & it does sound in my humble opinion to be potentially resolvable. Keep us posted after you discuss with Nate & Bill.

I think we're going to getg Kwgd to take care of things,yes it's probably more costly than a local attorney, but we'll avoid the good old boys syndrom.

wow!  seems like a bunch of garbage.  Where are you located?  i ask because i might be in the same boat.  I have property on Euga road.  The area is known as Boz Farm.  What is most shocking is 45 acres away.  Not sure I understand that unless they think it inhibits a "production" area.  keep us posted.  Riduculous!

valley township

Red,

Sorry to hear that news. It was my understanding that Gulfport was to notify the law firm of any title issues so they could be addressed in a timely manner.  Sounds like the ball was dropped somewhere. I expect  a letter similar to yours. No wells on our land but a previous owner had a well supplying gas to our home many years back. This has taken way to long with little information coming from the law firm.  They have responded quickly when contacted by me about not receiving the emails everyone else has gotten. I just get a "call if you have any questions" response and that the checks are on the way, nothing that directly impacted my lease. 

I wish you the best and hope you can get it all sorted out. 

Hey Red if the neighbor owns the well 100% working interest he can declare  it as non producing. At the very least he can make it non producing with a twist of a valve. 

Red - I am sorry to hear that. It always depends on the terms of the specific lease, but that sounds like a decision that could be challenged. I'm assuming the letter was from Gulfport; did they not mention the possibility of obtaining release of lease? What KWGD have to say? I don't mean to pepper you with questions but I am sure that, like me, many others are confused and dismayed by Gulfport's actions in this case.

That does sound like something that should be able to be cleaned up by KWGD.

For just about everyone I've heard of that got their check, I know of an equal number of people that have not, so there has to be many, many more yet to go out.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service