I live in Berlin Township, There is a new Utica well going up in Goshen township on Calla Road just off Route 534 and another in Butler Township near North Georgetown. They are getting very close. Does anyone know of others?

Views: 18531

Replies to This Discussion

110 acres is a pretty small unit. Wonder if that's just a core or if they plan on doing a short lateral.

The 8 permits in Mahoning county range from 83ac (Geatches) to 180 (Martig)  the drill unit sizes are from the permits pulled for horizontal drilling Doubt they are cores as that would require only one vertical permit which all of the proposed locations have. Keep in mind that the unit sizes go per lateral so until you see 6 lateral permits or so you wont see the 640ac units everybody is talking about 200ac is about the max i've seen on a single lateral.

Now we are getting it, this is all they need to explore, why buy the farm?  All the leasing for thousands of acres is just the game for positioning.

CHK is doing a 5,300' lateral in Jefferson on 330+ acres with two planned laterals, so your numbers add up. I know DVN is doing a lateral of about the same length on 350+ acres in Ashland.

Any wells or permits granted in Austintown?

Not yet, no. Most of the sites are more rural and are on land that has had previous activity. Drilling in Austintown will likely happen eventually but these guys like to have some room to roam, hence the rural setting. If you're interested in seeing what a location looks like drive down Calla road past 45. Near the intersection of Calla and Seacrest they're building a location. Once you see the size of it you'll get a better feel for the amount of land needed to operate.

I'm keeping my ears open, nothing new here in Berlin Twshp. How do you see permits on the Ohio Dept of Natural Resource site. Was on site but could not see how to check permits. Anybody know how?

http://ohiodnr.com/oil/shale/tabid/23174/Default.aspx

Or you can just read the newspaper. We print all of the new well locations. :-)

Nothing for Berlin yet.

Thank you,  But is there a way to access it on ohiodnr.com ?

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/geosurvey/tabid/23014/Default.aspx

If you scroll down to the section titled Utica there will be various links to information. The sixth bullet down is a list of all current wells and permits.

Yeah, where I live there is not a lot of open area left sio I don't think i will see a well in my backyaed anytime soon. thnaks Marcus

The Mahar unit was permitted by the DNR for CHK on Dec. 21 on SR45 just north of Middletown road. The current permit doesn't bring up much info . . . Its just a vertical bore right now with 0 acres in the unit.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service