I live in Berlin Township, There is a new Utica well going up in Goshen township on Calla Road just off Route 534 and another in Butler Township near North Georgetown. They are getting very close. Does anyone know of others?

Views: 18531

Replies to This Discussion

Correction.  That's a "non-surface lease."  The attorney told me this is very common for properties like mine under 10 acres.

NEAR ROUTE 45--MUST BE CLOSE TO THE WELL THEY ARE GOING TO PUNCH ACROSS FROM BRUNKS ? (IN GREEN TWP)

Larry, the transfer line runs along 45 through Ponderosa Park. You can see where it crosses 45 between Leffingwell, and Western Reserve. It crosses Calla about a 1/4 mile West of 45. You can see the little substation on top of the hill.

They want to connect the Goshen wells with a new line down Calla. I would expect them to eventually connect all of the area wells to that line, including Mahar, and Hendricks.

NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIRST QUESTION YOU ANSWERED,GOOD ANSWER BY THE WAY:

MY WIFE AND HER BROTHER HAVE PARCELS WITH ALOV ON 45 IN GOSHEN TWP.NEAR PONDEROSA PARK. A GUY RECENTLY CAME TO SEE THEM ABOUT BEING PUT INTO A 1280 UNIT INSTEAD OF 640. YOU ARE MORE VERSED IN THIS THAN US-ARE THEY TRYING TO PULL SOMETHING.NO ONE ELSE WE HAVE TALKED TO HAS BEEN APPROACHED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Larry,

My understanding is that ALOV is a land owner group. Are you saying that it was one of their representitives, or an outside company trying to change their contract? Are they in one of the groups that has already signed with Chesapeake, or are they in a group that is still up for bids? Was this guy trying to steal them away from ALOV?  I'm not really sure what would be going on there.

Here is something to think about. Drilling in a Northwest direction, about the 11 O'clock position on a clock's face. The Mahar well is 4000 feet from Calla Rd.  It's 7900 feet to the center of Ponderosa Park from the starting point.    I have seen some of their wells go 13,000'. I think the jarvis well is permitted around 7,000'. I would have to check that again. Maybe somebody knows something that we don't know.  My guess would be that there is a very good chance the Mahar well will extend all the way to Ponderosa. If anybody has a couple of million to pay their back taxes, the Ponderosa might be a good buy.

IT'S MASON DIXON ENERGY FROM BEAVER PA.

THE FORM IS CALLED : AMENDMENT AND RATIFICATION OF GAS AND OIL LEASE.

SO IF READ THIS RIGHT SHE WOULD NO LONGER HAVE A LEASE WITH CHESAPEAKE ?

My contact was from Mason Dixon and it was my understanding that they ARE signing for Chesapeake.

Larry, They are a contractor. They could be working for anybody. You said that your family has an ALOV contract. I would have their lawyers look at it before signing anything. I'm not in the position to give any advice on that.

Larry, I've been thinking about this. You should ask yourself a few questions.

Will signing the amendment be of any benefit to you?

Will it put you into a production group any sooner?

Will it put you into a bigger group with smaller pieces of the pie?

Are they offering you any compensation for signing the amendment?

Would they do you any favors for free?

When it is agreed to open a contract for amendment, all parts of the contract become amendable. Not just the piece they are shoving in your face.  That can work for you, or against you.

Mason Dixon is who contacted me and said that they represent Chesapeake Energy.  The brochure they gave me was Chesapeake Energy.  I don't actually understand all of this, so I'm just reporting here, not claiming to know anything.

I just learned something today from my attorney about the size of a unit. He looked over the proposal I got from M&D. He told me to make sure IF I sign that I have a limit of 640 put in my lease under the Unitization & Pooling section.  He said the % you receive is spread over the whole unit, so if I was put into a 1280 unit instead of a 640 the payment $ on the % would be substantially reduced.  I'm completely new to this so I'm just trying to get educated before I sign anything.

Calla, do you think maybe they want my Beloit-Snodes piece to line up with that transfer line?  I'm not too far from the Calla well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service