I received a letter from Chesapeake this week offering me $1,000 12.5% for my 2 acres. I called the rep and told him I felt that was a little low and then mentioned I'd expect close to $2,000. With not even blinking he offered $1500 for a 5yr and $2,000 for a 10yr I told him to send the lease so I could look it over but this tells me these prices are still a little low. Anyhow I was wondering if anyone knows of a landowners association in the area?

Views: 1876

Replies to This Discussion

I'm puzzled, how can my statement be in error when you restated basically everything I said, but in a verbose way? What I posted was a paraphrased version of what one of your paralegals told me when I called your offices. Regardless, thanks for setting us straight and good luck to you as you continue your efforts.
Hey guys, I totally agree with James H. on this one. According to the CEO of Chesapeake at their recent quarterly shareholders meeting, the Utica is promising to have a greater potential than the Eagle Ford in Texas, and that is saying a lot! However, I am also in the area (Marlboro) and would like to be part of a group of landowners to ensure our interests are best cared for. I have been working with KWGD (have a friend in that firm) and with ALOV, and have been researching this issue for the last year and half. So count me in.
Fred,  Has Chesapeake made an offer to you?
Yes they have, several times and each time the bonus and royalties go up. Now that Enervest and Chesapeake have punched (and plan more) some deep vertical wells in the area, they are after me more now than ever.

As time marches on, you will see more and more oil and gas companies pour into the area.

Those companies who were here first, are no longer the only Big Dog on the block, they were in  the beginning, as they always are. But, once the word gets out the playing field isn't so one-sided any longer and the playing field starts to level out enough that if you look around you will see multiple companies on the horizon and even in your back yard. The key here is that you, the landowner have the ball, though most landowners don't even know it. Don't just wait for the O & G companies to contact you, you call them. If you need a list of them with contact numbers email me: lbglandservicesllc@gmail.com. What I share, it is for your information, so you can make your own decisions without giving the farm away. I am here to advise, educate and give you a chance to have some kind of idea what the heck is going on.

Freddy add me as a friend on here so I can send you my e-mail address and we can compare notes

I've set a meeting for my allotment this coming Tuesday, not sure how many will be attending

I'm in Nimishillen Twp and am interested in your landowners' assoc.  I have 10 acres of interest to Chesapeake.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service