STORY

"A review of regulations associated with natural gas drilling could soon clear the way for energy companies to begin work in the Southern Tier.

Efforts to tap into the Marcellus Shale in New York have been on hold while the Department of Environmental Conservation assesses the impact of the horizontal drilling technique on water, landscape, and communities.

Southern Tier Economic Growth president George Miner tells the Star-Gazette, as soon as the review is done, and drilling can begin, it will create a lot of jobs in the region."

How long have these regulations been in the works?

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi !!,to those of you who are active . I’m new to all this stuff, not even sure that I’m living in an area effected by it all . BUT, I sure am interested in finding out more, and understanding it too, Just in case, The Boy Scout in me .
So if any one would like to share some information I would like to know where one would go to find the Topographical maps for the state of New York and any definitions of these natural gases.

Not sure if this is the right first step , but knowing if it effects me is good to know.
I am environmentally conscious but not overly zealous to stop a dollar for a dime, if you get my meaning.
Thank you
The DEC absolutely has maps showing the basic information you need. I saw them at the DEC hearings several times, so they must be at the web site.

If you have not yet seen the SGEIS ( a gigantic document), then take a look at that also. There is a TON of information in the back section that would be of interest to you. You can find that on the DEC site also.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service