I posted this in the Ohio Land owners but thought I'd throw it out to the expert division here to comment on as well.

Has anyone seen this lease?  I am seeing this being recorded in Muskingum County at the present time .  It sure is not a landowners dream lease. I blanked out the Lessors name myself.  Interesting is that it was prepared by HEP Energy.

I would never sign such a thing. 

On a different note I came upon this while looking up Chesapeake in Licking County, Ohio and came across a merger of Columbia Natural Resources and Chesapeake. Looks like Chesapeake has a lot of land in Licking County already. 

Interesting is that it was prepared by HEP Energy.

I would never sign such a thing. 

Views: 920

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Just to let you know the name of the person is still there.  I only read the first line and saw it.  I thought you would want to know.

This lease is the reason some people get so upset concerning landman and Oil companies and feel a better standard lease to help protect landowners should be made by the State.  I'm assuming since it said the property owner is a widow that she is older and someone walked in and offered her some money.  She's most likely on a fixed income and these monies made a difference and they knew that knowing they were taking advantage of her.  Did she have family to help, who knows some elderly people have no one and do not have extra money for a lawyer (I know they shouldn't sign it than) and took what was offered.  Shame on them!

They will be back.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service