Attached maps allow you to view all active and permitted Ohio wells from different angles.  You can select and view wells by county, township, operator or strata.  Pin color identify different well types and age: green pins show older production wells; lite green pins show domestic wells; yellow pins show either gas injection or waste injection wells; bright red show wells drilled or permitted within the last 90 days; dark red pins show well permitted or drilled within the last 6 months.  Well information is viewable by clicking the pin and links within the prompts show well production history.

If you want to see just Utica wells use the ByStrata map and select Utica.  If you interested in viewing new well activity open any of the maps and look for the lite and dark red pins.

I was updating these maps in a prior post 'Eastern Ohio well maps via Google Earth' but it was getting very long and disordered so I decided to restart a new thread.  All the well data is current, I’ll update them monthly or more frequently depending on feedback.

You can load multiple map files on your PC concurrently.  Once one or more files are loaded, you can turn on the areas of interest by clicking the sections in the index on the left side of the view.

I also included some of Philip Brutz's overlay maps. You can open and view these maps along with the well maps to see well location relative to geology aspects.

To view these maps you need the latest version Google Earth viewer. The free viewer can be downloaded at: http://www.google.com/earth

You are welcome to use these maps make you own edits and repost.

Enjoy.

Views: 16469

Replies to This Discussion

Following three files contain a new map.  They allow you to view producing, drilled or permitted wells by age.  You can view wells created within the last 30 days or you can view wells by decade up to 1940...  enjoy  

Attachments:

Cool maps!  Thank you!

Following files contain updated map.  The Utica map reflects the ODNR spreadsheet.

Following utica map reflects the recent ODNR spreadsheet (7 new wells added)

Attachments:

Attached map shows a spectrum analysis of oil production in Stark County. 

The analysis is based on the average production of the top 3 years (from 1984 to 2011).  The counts in the index area show two totals.  First value shows total wells in this spectrum and second, in parenthesis, show  wells still active. 

Yellow = greater then 2000barrels/yr; darkyellow = 1000-2000;  orange = 800-1000; red = 600-800; darkred = 400-600; lightgreen = 200-400; green = 100-200; darkgreen = under 100; black = no oil production

If you click the pins they show well data and provide a link to ODNR well production info.

I'll add additional counties in the future - it took 3 hrs to product this, algorithm needs tuning.

The second file is a picture of the map (in case you do not have Google Earth viewer).

Attachments:

I attached some new google maps (and images) that analyze Ohio active wells by oil production volume.

The pin colors represent different well production levels that will show the order from best to worse; dark red (best),  red, orange, yellow, green, dark green, black (no oil production). 

First two map files require Google Earth viewer which you can use to build your own views.  The third map is a current list of all Utica wells.  The last 4 files are images showing different snapshots of production levels.

Its interesting to note all production levels show the same basic pattern and the patterns match ODNR oil zone maps.  I read Stark County is thought to be the best rock in northern Ohio (spectrum maps also show a high concentration of good wells here), but I have read and heard that they are not having much success getting the oil to flow in the shale, this likely explains why most the activity is in the wet zone. 

Attachments:

Map snapshots

Attachments:

Stark area map snapshot

Attachments:

Hey BICS, Alot of great work here. Thank you.

Randy

BICS,

My browser won't let me connect to Google Earth to download the latest viewer.

Must be a security issue.

jpg's open fine.

Interesting take on the inhibited oil flow through the shale as being the reason they're concentrating on the Wet areas.

I've been under the impression that the lighter hydrocarbons/ condensate brought more bucks and that was the reason.

What do you think about the thickness factor and multi-tiered laterals as assisting in oil recovery in the tight shale areas ?

Also the producing wells that are indicated I assume are the old ones draining reservoirs of resources much of which originated in the Utica Point Pleasant.

Maybe they have to just do more work than they thought they had to do to extract - more work shouldn't stop them - it will just make the resources worth even more.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks again.

P.S.: Can you save the Utica.kmz to a jpg ?  I'm personally very interested in that one.

Thank you for your work.

I attached recent maps.  (Utica file is a visual map of the current ODNR spreadsheet)  

Per request I included some snapshots of the Utica well map... the maps are much better if you view them from Google Earth since you can zoom in to see site details, filter/select on areas of interest, easily see well data like operator, oil & gas production, depth, pad layout info etc.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service