It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride over the years for us in Trumbull County. The last few decades have had more downs than ups. Looks like we may be in for a LONG good stretch. Nay sayers beware. I especially like this statement in the article. "This is the first four wells (contracts) they are handing out, and they are thinking there will be 2,000 of them. They are all in Trumbull County. It's going to be huge."  If that number was 200 instead of two thousand it would still be exciting. Just think of the positive economic impact of 2000 wells over time in our county. Hang on for the ride. Link below.

Growing fast - TribToday.com - News, Sports, Jobs, Community Inform...

Views: 17579

Replies to This Discussion

would also like the BP info - have been contacted by rep representing Halcon Energy Properties with an offer of $3,500 per acre (we have a little over 1 acre on Rt. 45, 1 - 2 miles north of Lordstown, just across the RR bridge, right across from the 'old space center' ) @ 15% royalty - BTW it's a 5 yr contract which can assume it is actually a  'speculating' contract.   

My understanding is that BP paid $3,900 per acre with a 17.5% royalty - is that correct?

Since we have that wooded lot for sale, which BTW is zoned for home or small business, we asked for a 'non surface' lease, a 2 yr contract, and no market enhancement.  Haven't heard back from him yet - a week or two...

We also offered to sell them the surface so they would then have no limitations.   I know they want to get the gas from Kibler well to Space Center, but he was not sure if it would cross this property or no - in other words, no guarantees.  They could follow the RR into the Space Center too.

L

So I typed up a whole response and it evidently didn't like what I had to say so instead it just came up as "L".  Oops.  

Come on Snort, mondays are tough enough :)  The good news is that they are still leasing in Trumbull County. I would guess that they are methodically filling in and building drilling units. The contact info for BP that I have is 330-787-4985,  or trumbull.ohio@BP.com. These are from a brochure we received from BP. They list those two contacts for people to call about leasing. I hope they are useful. I have not been able to talk to the individual who recently leased his small parcel. I think he had the audacity to go on vacation. I will talk to him as soon as I can. He may not have a different contact number, but I will find out. 

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

What's a Snort Widely ????

A doomsday Naysayer trying to crush the hopes of a people that has endured hardship for decades.  Not sure why - but there must be a motive.  I agree that folks should not count there chickens before the eggs hatch.  This person says BP is halting production - then a week or so later BP announces intentions of drilling 2000 wells in Trumbull alone.  It's all doom and gloom!  Sell your rights before they are worthless!  The sky is falling.....

I don't believe anyone that can't get out from behind a moniker. Are they cowards or just hiding something. Ulterior motives maybe?

Maybe "Snort Widely" is his real name, and it has caused him to grow up with some serious issues. Anyhow, to Kim and Steven, I got the phone number and email for the BP contact from my friend who recently signed a lease on a small parcel in Fowler. Phone # is 330-612-3379 (Gino)  email is gino23@aol.com. I hope these help. Good luck.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.  Kim

DM Thanks for the assistance

What is the time frame on getting a well started?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service