It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride over the years for us in Trumbull County. The last few decades have had more downs than ups. Looks like we may be in for a LONG good stretch. Nay sayers beware. I especially like this statement in the article. "This is the first four wells (contracts) they are handing out, and they are thinking there will be 2,000 of them. They are all in Trumbull County. It's going to be huge."  If that number was 200 instead of two thousand it would still be exciting. Just think of the positive economic impact of 2000 wells over time in our county. Hang on for the ride. Link below.

Growing fast - TribToday.com - News, Sports, Jobs, Community Inform...

Views: 17579

Replies to This Discussion

It's all about the pressure and associated GOR (gas-to-oil ratio).  More data points need to exist before anyone can make a judgement.

Data points exist - we are not privy to them - yet.  Time will tell

It's all about the pressure right now, but I understand a submersible pump is being developed that will bring the oil up with no pressure.....and the oil is most valuable.

It is just a matter of time before a way to get the oil up is developed and replace the need for the pump-jacks. When that happens the hot spots will change.

"I will not throw in the towel over the whimpering of one CEO of one company who has drilled only three wells in the entire county."

The problem with that DM is that same whimpering CEO made locals salivate with excitement when he talked of the "northern sweet spot" and said locals went on to use that as the basis for all arguments about northern Trumbull.  People cannot have it both ways.  Either Wilson is a shmuck and he's wrong or his word is to be taken and he is right.  The narrative cannot be "when he says good things he's right and when he says bad things he's wrong".

Halcon is not the major player in Trumbull and never will be Marcus - at least as far as most mineral owners see it.  There is a slumbering giant at play that will tell the tale - positive or negative soon enough. Enough with Halcon and their "investor reports"

MJ,

Today, right now, Halcon is the major player in Trumbull.  If BP chooses to get a little spring in their step that can change immediately, but at the moment they are simply too big to care about the Utica.  So you're stuck with data from Halcon for now.  As I've said before Trumbull is a work in progress and there will undoubtably be a place, geographically, where the Utica stops being economic, but I don't see any data to tell me where that is yet.  And the good news is that Halcon has had some success and will continue to derisk their position.  

I honestly never heard of his "Northern sweet spot" comment, and the only salivating I have done recently was over a freshly baked cherry pie my wife pulled out of the oven a few days ago. I had read that Halcon was having trouble shipping their product from the Kibler well after the West Virginia fire. I imagine that he just wasn't in the best of moods when he made his eloquent comment about s--- wells. I doubt that he neither cared about or considered the effect of his comment. That being said, it is not his responsibility to sooth the residents of Trumbull County, nor will his statements change reality. You are right about the narrative, and it seems that Halcon's CEO has covered both shmuck and sage positions in his diverse comments. Maybe he enjoys the limelight. Time (and BP) will tell which he is. I do appreciate your comments and knowledge Marcus, and your understanding of expectations. Hoping and reality don't always meet. I will be watching closely, though, for that pipeline I mentioned.    

I've been salivating over my wife's apple crisp.

For what it's worth, I think the challenge is moving heavier oil molecules through the rock.  The oil molecules need larger pore spaces to travel through, and gas pressure to push them to the wellbore.  Pumping / lifting is not really the issue.

Pressure issues can be solved, yes.  The problem is that if I have a lease position that is evenly split between normally pressured and under pressured I'm going to spend my money drilling the better locations.  I'll let someone else figure out the best way to move oil in the low GOR areas.  That's the mentality.  If you need proof of that look no further than Devon's abandonment of their acreage in the western part of the play.  They wanted an oil field, not a science project.  So eventually someone somewhere will figure it out.  In the meantime landowners have to simply wait.  I'm told patience is a virtue.  I don't believe it but I'm open to discuss it further.

I sure hope that things are just beginning and that things will keep growing.  I hope no one signed with Shale Investment Fund.  Someone from the Tribune contacted me about that company, but I never heard or saw anything else.  Has anyone seen anything in the Trib about them?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service