Now I am realistic enough to know not every job created by the shale industry will wind up with a person who calls Eastern Ohio home. However, not all of these jobs are industry specific. Meaning most functions of the industry are relative to work already performed by Ohioans.
Case in point is processing plants. Ohio's skilled trades people (electricians, plumbers, carpenters, ect) are plentiful and highly qualified to build just about anything including processing plants. Mark West Energy Partners, Pennant Midstream, and Blue Racer Midstream all utilized the area's workforce. THEY DID THINGS RIGHT. You may not think of this as a big deal but it helps control rent prices in the area and cuts down on traffic. It is a real economic stimulus.

On the other hand you have companies like Access Midstream and M3 Momentum building processing plants in Carroll and Columbiana Counties using every person they can find from Texas, Florida, ect. These folks drive UP rent prices and only contribute to hotels' and restaurants' bottom lines. If you think this is not true or want to see for yourself this video on YouTube does a pretty good job highlighting all of the out-of-state workers hired by Access Midstream and Momentum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvdflvpcMKs&feature=youtu.be

Views: 1999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

working for 42 years of hard work young kids nowadays are not worth the time a day computer cell phone useless
I've seen quite a few of the few % of Ohioans that want to work parked at WV well & work sites over the last few years. Folks In WV complain companies hire workers from WV & Pa and elsewhere.
I am glad to see anyone who wants to work these days, even if they drove in. Talk to any old timers and half of them will tell you they packed up the family and moved somewhere to get work when they were younger. Get a job!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service