Rice Energy Announces Utica Shale Well Results; Provides Operational Update

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rice-energy-announces-utica-shale-...

igfoot 9H Production Test

We are pleased to announce the production test results of our first operated Utica Shale well, the Bigfoot 9H.  After five days of flowback, the Bigfoot 9H stabilized at a rate of 41.69 MMcf/d of gas on a 33/64" choke with flowing casing pressures of 5850 psi.  Based upon a gas composition analysis, the heat content is 1086 Btu and therefore will not require processing.  We own an approximate 93% working interest in the well, which has an effective lateral length of 6,957 feet and was completed with a 40-stage frac.  We anticipate first production by early July and will produce the well into sales through our restricted choke program.

Views: 6287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder if the 24mmcf/d is their planned choke point, or if the well lost literally 20mmcf/d in 3 days lol.

*UPDATE*: 

Correction

A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that the Big Foot well stabilized at 24MMcfd.

All wells are different, but has your average stuck fairly close to the IP (choked)?

Having a well that hangs out around the IP for a year could make life planning easier. We're in the Utica so I figure it's a whole new ball game but it's always fun to compare.

Copied from a pretty good article on seekingalpha linked below

"The plan is to put Bigfoot on a restricted choke and run it at 10-14 MMcf/day. At that rate, Bigfoot 9H would equate to roughly 12,000 MMBtu/day."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2256573-rice-energy-monster-bigfoot...

I wanted to follow up and advise that we received division orders for 9H.  I was a little surprised that Rice set up the decimal interest off the drilling unit of 397.496 acres.  I expected the unit to be at least 600 acres.  Does that surprise anyone else that the unit would be this size?

The unit is so small because it's a single well most likely, or there could be a single lease holder in the well that has a 400acre max unit size. Your royalties just got bigger :)

That is a good point about a lease holder having a 400 acre limit, I had not considered that possibility.  I assumed everyone in that area signed with the S&G group but that is not necessarily the fact.

I have heard from several good sources that they plan to put many more wells at the Bigfoot pad.  They did not say which way the laterals would run though so they could be running them southeast like the Blue Thunder laterals run.

Royalties will actually be less because they split our already small acerage in half.  I can't complain as it is our only property that has been in a unit to date. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service