We had a man  come to our farm  today and wanted us to sign papers to let them do Seismic testing on our farm.  The mans name was Mike Allstead from SEITEL, out of Monaca, PA. He offered us $5.00 per acre on our 76 acre farm. They want to dig 40 3 inch round holes , 30 ft. deep, put blasting powder in the holes . ( My Husband talked to the man, I was not here)  He told the man he needs to talk with me. I am to call him and set up a time after the Holidays to sign the papers. The man needs to come back and draw where the buildings and ponds are, on our property.  Has anyone else been aproached by this  company ? ANY information would be appreciated ! Not sure what to do ? Confused..... Many Thanks in advance for your information !

Views: 9331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fang F Fang,

Just one question on drilling regulations.  Dick Cheny created the Halliburton loophole years back in order for the gas drillers to get away with ignoring (legally) the provisions of the Clean Air and Water Act. Why would they need to be exempt? 

Good Lord, did you look at that video?  Look at the size of the cloud of whatever? 

If those are diesel engines, then there is no way that they'd be putting off that much exhaust (unless they are in REALLY BAD shape.  They don't exactly sound like they're in bad shape).  Short of spraying heated water into the air, I don't see how any "vehicles" could put out that much steam or exhaust (remember they are also regulated). 

You need to try for a different explanation, because no sane company would run equipment in a shape so bad that it was putting off that much exhaust (and YES even in the dead of winter, they couldn't put off that much exhaust from vehicles or diesel engines... if that were possible, cities would look like a fog bank all winter long!)

Second... if it were steam... that has to be some insanely hot steam to still be warm after it had drifted a couple hundred feet away.  If they could put out that much steam, it would be falling like rain or ice pellets long before it reached the end of that staging area.

For anyone who thinks that is engine exhaust... please post a video link here of any other engine you can find that is in good working condition and can produce an exhaust that is still visible and hasn't dissipated at over 200 feet away.

K,  have you spent much time around well sites late in the evening?  I have all over the country,, and under the right weather conditions, clouds of condensation will persist over that distance.  Unless you can zoom in and show the cloud is coming off a mixing tank or hopper, I find it difficult to believe that it is dust

Well then it should be easy for you to get a video or link to a video of this effect so that you can show that it happens all the time. 

I'm not saying that it IS dust, but I'm saying that the claim that it is engine exhaust sounds completely far fetched from what I've experienced around heavy equipment that uses similar diesel engines.  I could see exhaust drifting for 20-50 feet... but that video shows it drifting MUCH farther... so, until there is a video showing the ability for a couple engines to generate exhaust that is still visible a couple hundred feet away... I call BS on the explanation that it is engine exhaust.

I dont' see any vehicles running in the video.

The claim that this was exhaust (maybe under just the right circumstances, on just the right night?) has no more foundation than the original claim that it is dust.

I see a square unit that COULD be a generator at the far right in the early part of the video.  There is no way to tell if that is a generator, that it is actually running or even the source of the 'exhaust' that you claim.  For all I can tell the generator is running the lights and something else is creating the smoke/exhaust/dust that is floating in the video.  Especially when you see the straight up plumes at time.

Near the end of the video, when the 'exhaust' passes through the lit area that is at least 200 feet away... the exhaust has not dissipated (wouldn't steam cool pretty quickly) and if a diesel was smoking that badly the engines would need an IV-style oil input to keep the engine running.

But, if you could show me an independent video where a generator or diesel engine is capable of creating that level of exhaust at 200 feet away... that would prove your theory that it is some form of exhaust.

So, both sides of this debate are basically playing the same game.  I guess it is just a matter of who posts the most or the longest.

Diesel engines do create a significant amount of water vapor in their exhaust when completely burning fuel.  I did not mean exhaust in the sense of smoke.  My nights on drill sites unfortunately predate the ubiquity of cell phone cameras, though someone currently working frac jobs can probably capture some video this winter.  Under the proper weather conditions, (low temperatures and high dew points,) it can drift much more than 50 feet.  When pressure pumping during hydraulic fracturing operations, the diesel power units are under very heavy sustained load conditions.  Heavy construction equipment is more prone to throttling up and down under varying load conditions, which could explain why you have not observed the phenomenon I have suggested.  Again the stability of a condensation cloud is highly dependent on the weather conditions. 

Come on you know this was not water vapor from diesel engines the volume was huge and the drift this night in this particular video was over 1200 1500 ft. or more , and there were houses within 800- 100 ft..This was constant all day for days (On and off at times like all operations ) and it was a clear night except were this was filmed ....This is a problem that needs to be addressed not thrown under the rug and denied .there is no reason this dust can't be contained except of cost ,period !By the way I have seen the fracking diesels produce smoke many times ,it also adds to the pollution but is small compared to the dust .

Personally, I don't understand why you don't have a daytime video as that would have shown the 'dust' better than this video.  Especially if the operation was going on for several days as you say.

Obtaining and posting such videos would go a long way toward combating the fractivist videos.... it shouldn't take much to get a diesel mechanic to describe what is viewed on the KNOWN video (you can't actually make any statements about the linked video)... then that could be compared to the linked video. 

That is a whole lot better than running around insulting land owners who are trying to find the truth in all of this manure.

The night I took this video the dust (that's what it is even though some here want you to believe it is not traveled about 1500 or more from the source .It is fine dust .Look it up silica sand is known to produce this dust .

@ Steven J ....here's a video that zooms in for you to show the dust coming off the hoppers .You know this happens why try to deny it !!  .....Lets try to correct it .Why is this so bad the more health concerns addressed the better for all (industry included )     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9gPMpKk5w

@ Steve this is not the first video I took of silica dust ( for that's what it is  I took this and have been around many others ) condensation your you know what dude .It's dust !Exposure is 24/7 for about 6-8 days (varies) and when they are doing multiple fracks it's almost a continuous thing in the local area (like it was here in Bradford county 2011 -2012 ) .Your point on the dispersion is the issue of concern .The dust becomes so fine it is invisible .The plume is dust (Got it ) not condensation !You are way off the track !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service