Has anyone sold property in or near Bradford County recently? I own 50 acres, 40 on one side of the road where a well is supposed to go. The other 10 acres has an 8 bedroom house and large barn, both in disrepair. Not sure if it is best to sell with or without gas rights or to fix up and rent the house. We are in the Friendsville group agreement with Talisman. I live out of state.

Views: 3146

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like more work than I want right now. Guess it's best to hold and hope.

Work is the curse of the leisure class.

Here's the thing:

Time is on your side.  Sale value goes up as truck volume goes down.  People want peace and quiet.  It will return . . it is returning . . as drilling wanes.  Sure, drilling will be with us for many years to come . . but the mania phase is very nearly over.

Last summer here where I live the pipeline went in.  It was very "active" around here, I can report that.  It was crazy.

This year:  nothing.  Nothing at all.  The pipeline is in and there will be no repeating of last year's craziness.  The land is healing very, very well.  Another year or two and you won't even know there is a pipeline . . . it's buried, after all.

Things are slowly returning to normal . . . . except for the monthly royalty checks.  And those are not bad at all.

From what the locals have told me, the properties that have wells look better than ever. It makes me so happy to see everyone working. My father retired from NYC Dept of Sanitation and moved up there in 1973. Loved his farm, his neighbors and his community. Survived my mother by 34 years alone in an 8 room house. Was able to manage because of the finest neighbors and friends I have ever met. He was just sorry he couldn't take his check and travel. But he had peace knowing that for a man who never had a lot of money, he was leaving a legacy for his 6 great grandchildren.

He would have been in his glory watching the wells and pipe lines come in. He loved machinery and would have been chatting up the workers. I am thankful for whatever money we make but I am mire pleased to see the neighbors struggling less. No one complains about noise or traffic to me.

Enjoy your royalty checks. Couldn't happen to better folks.

I was reading your posts.   We are also signed withTalisman.   We live in Susquehanna county just outside of Friendsville.   We are not in the Friendsville Group agreement.   Do you know if there is any activity with Talisman in the Friendsville group?   It seems that Talisman tells you what they think you want to hear at the time for their convenience.   We have been told for three years that well pads were going on our property?????????????

No activity that I know of with the group. I think they disbanded after the agreement. Noticed considerable quiet in regard to trucks but they were laying pipeline, could see it from my property in the distance. There are a few wells up on my road already. It has been about a year since they picked our field for pad. The locals are waiting but very patient.

I am so torn about selling and am waiting for a sign if activity to return. If they break ground we will have money to repair house to rent. If they don't get active, we will not be able to rent for enough to cover rehab. Still, I am attached to property.
I do believe it will! It is the best thing for the economy and the environment.

Hi Tina

It's very important you try hard to understand how bad things are.  This morning NYMEX NG actually got down to $2.12.  It is virtually impossible for Talisman, or any other drilling company, to make money at that price.

In the WSJ earlier today there was an article, knowledgeable author, which spoke of actually GIVING natural gas away, just to get rid of it.  I'm not making this up or attempting to deceive you.

It's critical you understand that, from a business standpoint, Talisman can only service you and keep their word to you if they are making money.  Talisman is probably the best drilling company operating in Bradford County.  But with natural gas at $2.12, that simply counts for nothing.  We are witnessing a process of disintegration.  The only thing that can restore the status quo ante is recovery in the price of natural gas.  No sane person today forecasts that happening in the foreseeable future.

Talisman is not a "bad guy" in this.  We are all, all of us together, simply victims of this raging natural gas bear market.  Talisman is doing its best to keep "body and soul" together under this withering assault.

Frank- nothing personal but I think you re obsessed with the very short term.

NO gasco is basing its decision on 2.12 gas today. We hve excess and the market is trying to clear supply. The orice of gas wil nit be 2 in a yr or especially 3 or 4 yrs.

We use 64 Bcf/d, 64BCF, Other plays have far higher break evens, producion will decline and

we will still need 63 Bcf/d/.

Gascos slow drilling, expected ih has happened 20 times. The norm.

gas was under 1 in 90-91, etc. 

Hump

No offense taken.  So tell us:

How come you're posting here as a woman??

Oh, and BTW:

The price of NG is headed way down.  In the WSJ a day or two ago there was talk of giving it away.  Hump, knowing you, you surely must have read that article.  After all you're a player, an investor and market maven,  while I'm just a PA landowner.

Finally, you were outed in the other group.  Surely you've seen that thread by now.  Your writing style totally gives you away.

Hi Elizabeth..  I am looking for hunting property in the area, and wondered how much you were asking without the gas rights.??  How many acres are up for sale,,?    Is it through a broker? 

Thanks, Chad

Have not gotten that far yet. No broker. If we sell, it would be about 9 acres with house and barn.

ok, where is it located? 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service