Heard swepi is pulling out of mercer county all wells are bad. That is why halcon left.

Views: 8499

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peter Voser the retiring Shell CEO (mentioned above) has stated that he believes the US Industrial base will be transformed by the shale revolution.  Here is another piece of support for Shell’s vision of the future of local shale gas:

http://triblive.com/business/headlines/5316997-74/shell-site-horseh...

That does not mean that the plant will get built but this is another good step combined with Shell's abandonment of the LA plant.

I think Shell is pulling back from drilling here because Marcellus / Utica shale is not profitable with their cost structures.  There are scrappier players who will seek out and drill the best areas.  If Shell breaks ground on the cracker plant that is a sure sign that they know what is here and will be counting on it.

There is a lot of focus on the wet Marcellus and wet Utica but much of the predicted energy requirement growth is for simple methane:

http://www.rbnenergy.com/golden-years-the-golden-age-of-u.s.-natura...

And we have a lot of that too!!

Phil

Actually, my sources were disgruntled Ohio landowners on GO Marcellous.... :)  It was intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but I got side tracked and did not get back to state that.

Interesting discussion though.  Context and bias can certainly make the impossible seem possible, right?

hahahahahah. freaking alarmist. aahahahaha

right up there with orsen wells.....

Why thank you Gary, nice compliment to be right up there with the great orson wells...but seriously when will shell come out with some data on the so called test wells they have drilled? Like the pilgrim well and the byler well that I think the lateral goes into sugar grove township mercer county.

Is Pilgrim a Shell (Swepi) well? I thought Pilgram was a Halcon well??

Sorry Sam,you are correct. Did halcon swap that like the Stevenson well site?

***Byler Well  is in Crawford Co., *correct if wrong..so the lateral goes into Sugar Grove Twsp., Mercer Co., PA?...interesting.

As one light lights another, nor grows less - so nobleness enkindles nobleness. (HalCON swap, tnc? - again, interesting...) Grand compliment indeed with the orSON wells allusion, I concur. Maybe they are trying to call 'chicken' saying they'll just shut down & go home...? Yeah, chicken little...king richard the lionhart, robyn hode, GOD....trust?

Believe. TIME always 'tells'...it does. The right hand DOES know what the left is drilling.

GG

why do you come and go so infrequently?  I enjoy your unusuall slant on things, not to mention your strange style of witing (you should write a book)  Do you think you could decipher the voynich manuscript?  Just bustin your chops man! (or woman), I miss your posts!  Your neighbor in Trumbull

MJ

like the wind, m'dear...sometimes I don't have much to say - you know how that can be...but the 'well' never does run dry, eh? Ho-Ho-Ho...

May 2014 reign As one light lights another, nor grows less - so nobleness enkindles nobleness....

curiosities...looking forward to a fine year - for all. What will be will be, we'll see.

...as far as the vm - I think that P Sellers did a good job of that in 'Being There'...are WE 'there' yet?...as for the time being - Mayan culture and American mound structures have my eye.

MJ; several theories come to mind;

1. Mom occasionally takes away computer privileges.

2. Failed probation....back to the big house.

3. Back to the institution for further treatment.

4. Oil company reassigned him/her to other locations/duties.

#4 most likely.

GG; would love to share a bottle of wine with you....proby/mom/boss/Dr permitting. Not sure I have the intellectual fire power to keep up but it sure would be interesting.

maybe the wine would even things out. or brit.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service