Should I take 3200 for mineral rights (purchase) in Jefferson County Ohio?

This does not include surface...really need a quick sell...

Views: 827

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What have leases been going for?  Is the land under lease? If so, what are the terms and when does it expire? Or is it HBPd?

3200/acre sounds pretty cheap to me.

Id say you could get a little more, even in the dry gas areas.

No lease on it. It is complicated by the fact that my 6 acres are actually 1/12 interest in 77 acres.
Not leased, don't know what HBP is! :)

Christy,

I am by NO MEANS an expert in thefield. I have 35 acres that I leased to DPS for 2,000/acre and the latest I know of, Jefferson county was leasing for 5,300/acre. I read an interesting article about a producing well in (I believe) Carroll county and it was producing at approximately 250/acre per month... that's about 3,000 a year in royalties per acre. I know that royalties/gas production slowly diminishes over time but wells produce sometimes for 40 years. I'm no expert, but I would NOT accept 3,200/acre. For the buyer, that's basically paying you for the first year of royalties up front and then collecting the next 39 years of royalties for themself.... that's EXCLUDING a lease bonus if the land is currently unleased. Either way, I wouldn't do it!!!!

I think it may be dry gas, and I only own 6 acres. Get the impression the smallness is an issue, and it is an old deed. Thank you all for your replies, again, everyone on here has been so generous with information.
I was told when I posted before as much as 12000, but it seems to be complicated. I think I'd grab 5000per acre and run now!

Christy; just sent you a message. Check your inbox

Your message disappeared! Could you send again.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service