I have learned that the lease I signed with Shell was filed at the Lawrence County Courthouse on March 22, 2012.  As of this date I have not received my bonus money.  Is that normal? When should I start to worry ? I figured since it was recorded over three weeks ago I would have been paid by now.  

Views: 7514

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Called Shell again today.  For the first time I feel like I got the "run around". I called the Shell advocate that I have been calling.  All he would tell me is "it has not been 90 days yet" I kindly stated that I know it has not been 90 says yet    I would just like the "status" of my lease.  I was told it was not 90 days yet. I kindly said I KNOW THAT !  What I would like to know is what is going on with my lease. It has been 84 banking days. After arguing for information the Shell guy says you will have to call another number.  They handle the payments. So I called the number.  Left a message.  Called the number back later in the day and spoke to the lady who answered the phone. Sho looked up my name.  She then says it has not been 90 banking days!   I told her very politely, I KNOW THAT. After asking her what the status of my lease was, she told me that my payment has not been processed yet, and it was sitting on the desk of the person who was working on them but mine was not processed yet.  Well my anger got the best of me and I asked her if they were going to wait until the exact 90th day do process it and she said " not necessarily.  

Now,  for the first time, I'm bummed.  All I wanted was some simple info and I got the runaround. 

I will be calling again tomorrow.  Or should I just wait.  

RE: "I will be calling again tomorrow. Or should I just wait."

No doubt, you are on pins and needles.

At this point, the only way you could influence the outcome is for you to overly annoy the wrong person.

As difficult as it may be, I would suggest you wait.

Shell are trying you patience; trying their patience may not be in your best interests.

Try to stay calm for the next 8 days (6 banking days).

All IMHO,

JS

Drew, you sound like a poor retiree staring at his mailbox waiting for his retirement check.....sheesh man, get a grip.

I am by no means poor. To be exact pretty well off. Worked hard, saved my money. Invested it. Have over 100 acres of land that I bought.  Not hard for money or anything.  I just like to post things on here to see what people have to say and what kind of info this forum brings. Mostly what I have learned on here is not a dog gone thing.  The people who do ask good questions get made fun of, ridiculed.  I guess if you or not in the "click" on here this is the way you get treated. If I don't get a dime so be it. Will not hurt me a bit.  Make your lame comments.  Just shows what kind of person you are.  

You're not going to learn anything here as most are uneducated farmers....I'm not counting adice on when to put your corn seed in the ground....Most folks like yourself are awaiting that gratification and it just isn't instant enough for them.  So take a deep breath and stop calling Shell until those 90 days are up.

My gratification does not come from a very large check.  Mine come from reading the good stories about people who had there lives changed by an unknown.  People who can do the things they want and not struggle.  

Good things happening to good people.  That is gratification !!

Well put Drew very nice!!

Faith, let me know if you do not get paid by Shell.  You were in a landowner group with a promise from Shell to pay if your title clears.  That is the agreement and it shoud be made good.

Jack Straw from Witchita cut his buddy down......lol...

Hang in there Faith !

Thank you Jimmy i am part monkey so hanging is easy!! LOL

Ok Jeanette i will, Amegy bank told me my 120 days are up and my draft expires on July 26th so i am waiting and worried because so many havent got paid that were due a long time ago.

Everyone should be worried as my wife called to inquire as our 90 days are up and she was told lease canceled. No reason given etc... we are in Butler, Pa.  Typical told one thing and they do another.  I will see if I can get reason but doubtful at this point.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service