Maybe someone out there can help me. I am not leased and have not signed up with any lawyers but have gone to a couple meeting.  One of the lawyer goups just called and said they have a contract with Halcon and want me to sign a contract.  I would get 3150 an acre and 18%.    However the lawyers want 150 per acre and 1.5% of the roylaties for 5 years.  The 1.5% would translate to 8.33% of my royalties.   But they said that need to do it by monday.  I hate to rush into something but what if i wait and nothing happens.  I hate to give up some of may royalties.  But i would hate to end up with 18% of nothing.

What do you think?

Lorri

Views: 7423

Replies to This Discussion

Jim

Fair enough, your group is not taking any royalties.  Thanks.  What percent or dollar amount of signing bonus are you charging?  What is the benefit that your group is offering to compensate. I think that is a fair questions.  Please respond. 

Mark,

I think I can answer the question you asked Jim as I have been doing some research.  If Jim is referrifng to Morascyzk and Polochak law group they charge 6% of your up front money and no royalties.  This is once you get paid of course.  I don't think this is a bad deal IF they can get you a good lease.

Lorrene

Mark;  Lorrene is right, we get 6% of the bonus only if and when you get paid. If you sign a lease and it turns out you don't own the rights, then you owe us nothing. We will even try to clear up title issues that arise at no extra cost.

We have a long history of getting the most money with the best terms at the time of signing with all of the groups we have signed. The money has always been more than enough to cover our fees and the good terms add to that value.

Jim

I appreciate your answer.  Can you give some examples of the long history you speak about?  What leases have you been able to acquire for landowners?  What is the time period?   Is there an a copy of your agreement available online for review?  What is the acreage requirement?  Scattered acreage, or contingous?   All townships of Venango?    Thanks!

Mark;  M & P has helped landowners lease over 300,000 acres in three states with ten different companies. I cannot go into 35 addendum here, that is why we have meetings.

We are taking all of Venango Co, a six month agreement but we hope to have an offer soon. Any acreage but 5 acres or more preferable.

Jim

Ok, you are offering a marketing agreement in which you basically tie of mineral rights with no guarantee and you hope to have an agreement?   Is all the acreage that you sign included or does the company you sign with get to pick and choose what the want to keep?  Do your addendums include a pugh clause?   If you have 35 addendums please direct us to the site the can be found, or just them.  Thanks for the information.

We don't allow companies to cherry pick parcels, Of course we have a Pugh clause. There is no site as every negotiation and every lease is unique. We present the best offers to the landowners and they decide if it is acceptable, not us. Its totally up to the group. If they don't like a certain aspect of the lease, they can tell us to continue negotiating until they get one they like or they decide not to lease.

Come to a meeting to get all your questions answered.

Jim,

What companies have you completed deals with?

JB

M&P has done deals with ten different companies in three different states.

Just curious as to who the companies are that M&P has completed deals with, which is quite important information....I can tell you I played "professional baseball" but that does not tell you if I played for the NY Yankees or the Charleston River Dogs (their single A team...still "professional ball"). 

not sure why this is such a difficult question to answer....nontheless, I am guessing I'll have to "attend a special meeting" in order to get my answer as to who the 10 companies were....no thank you, good luck.

Because i I take the time to answer every question, then I get accused of dominating the site and using it to my advantage. If you are seriously looking to learn more, taking an hour or two to learn as much as you can doesn't seem like too much to ask. We go over drilling technology, lease terms, unitization and how it affects you, and other issues that people should know before signing a lease along with answering all questions. Even if you don't join our group, you will learn much.

If you cannot spend an hour or two to learn, not only about our company but also many aspects of both drilling and leasing, then I wish you luck.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service