How are the surging natural gas prices affecting drilling this year, and what about going into 2022?  Are the gas companies taking advantage of these higher prices?  What`s next?

Views: 73516

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ralph what do you think about Chevron,they didn't announce their next dividend date yet.

CVX is a fine company that doesn't hold any interest for me . Great Delaware Basin lands , newly aquired PDC is contributing ... They want that Guayana play from Hess ... Not sure that the politics down there warrants ownership ... Free Cash flow of 2.6 B is just OK , nothing to get excited about ... 

Generally speaking CVX will mirror the price of oil ,,, Although many other producers share price have preformed better than cvx ... Mid Caps and even some small caps catch my interest more than the Majors 

I only own one oiler as of now , and have been building a large position in Bonds ,, which are very marketable if bargains appear .. 

Housing here in FLA has been much weaker than the past ..I presume the rest of the County will follow .... I am cautious ... Best of luck if CVX becomes an investment in your portfolio .... 

Back to NY this week ..... 

So many global events to impact natural gas pricing in Pennsylvania, what`s next?  A hot summer would be nice...

An early summer is hitting Pennsylvania now and probably New York, too.  Turn on your A/C everyone.

Still adding to Bonds and fixed income ... Dow has gotten very 'moody' ....... Housing in SW FLA also has gotten very 'moody' ..... Locking in previous gains , while things sort themselves out ..... 

I like the 4 week treasury but you have to deal with the Treasury web sight every 28 days if you don't reinvest.

Buying a mixture of short term [ months] and longer term T bills , Agencies , and CD's ..... 

Offerings change all the time .. Agencies [ Farm Credit , FHA , and others } sometimes offer 6% rates payable twice a year , they can be found in the 5 to ten year range .... Getting interest payments twice a year increases the compounding effect therefore generating a yield higher than the 6% stated rate .... 

Is 6% locked in for multiple years a good idea ? We all place our bets .... 

I usually dont give stock ideas .... But here goes ... Looking for a TAX advantaged high yield stock ? 

NEP and KRP are worth a look , both pay dividends that are mostly ROC .... 

Seneca is not slowing down doing size mic in Chatham area.

What does size mic mean?

SEISMIC sorry for the spelling.

My spell check has its own agenda too sometimes :)

Does a seismic test reveal just a generally good area or can it pinpoint an exact location for drilling?  I have seen both roadway trucks doing seismic testing and 3D seismic testing  using explosives & receivers.  How accurate is each testing method?  I have been told "only the drill bit knows for sure".

Probably the best area NFG has .... Their Western grounds only saving grace is zero royalties , otherwise it would be off target . 

Did a little digging into NFG Financials .... They have lagged production growth vs EQT , AR and others ... Rate of return is uninspiring ... Dividend not compelling ... 

The good  news for those in Tioga is that it seems their total focus is in that region ...  Hopefully landowners and business in the region continue to benefit from NFG efforts ... 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service