How are the surging natural gas prices affecting drilling this year, and what about going into 2022?  Are the gas companies taking advantage of these higher prices?  What`s next?

Views: 73062

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How long are hedging contracts?  Are they yearly or multi-year contracts?  Are they based upon a specific quantity of NG?  Can a gas company default on it`s contract obligations?  

Trading volumes on hedges past a year out are slimmer so it gets more difficult the further out one wishes to hedge .... Hedges in theory could be a day or for years forward ...... Most Public companies seem to have some variance qtr to qtr ....... I would think those gassers who are least hedged have a higher Beta ...... 

Do gas companies compete for hedge contracts?  Gas company no. 1 says we`ll ask for $3.55 and company no. 2 offers we`ll accept $3.45.  Does the lower offer win?  I really don`t have any idea how this process works.

Complicated discussion ... Basically there are 3 types of price protections producers use .. Hedge , Swap , Collars ...... A google search should give detailed info on each transaction ,,, ... Local Utilities also Hedge ....... 

PS ,, Gas bursting well above $5 today...... Propane prices in US and overseas trending higher as well ...... Great time to be a less hedged producer ,,, those who are heavily hedged will be more subdued when this Earnings season results come out ...... CRK [ Jerry Jones } , RRC , AR responded nicely yesterday ...... XOM had a good report , look for others to follow ....

2022 strip $5 ... WOW ......

Is it common for gas companies to compensate key employees at years end with shares of stock? 

Gas prices still climbing today. 

Seneca paid $4.06 for November. Up from $2.92 for October. CHK, paid $5.58 for November 

Paleface , those returns are great for Royalty Holders ..... Those Landholders are selling their legacy , they deserve a good price ...... 

With Gas , weather is the biggest factor ,, colder / hotter the better , in between , not so good .... 

Compensation is usually cash and Stock ... It is IMPORTANT to understand a companies compensation plan ... Is Management looking out for Shareholders or themselves ... Former CHK Boss Doug Lawler got paid VERY , VERY WELL to drive CHK into Bankruptcy ....In my opinion , Doug MILKED CHK as long as he could as the Comoany DESTROYED Shareholders .... I have lost some respect for oiler CLR , as they recent hired Doug to an upper position .... 

Interesting Development in the Gas sector ... Uber WOKE Investment House Blackrock , has been buying 5% or better of Gas producers ,, the latest purchase was yesterday as Blackrock bought 7% of AR ...... AR was up 9% yesterday ....

We read in quarterly reporting that gas companies are buying back shares of stock at great amounts of money.  Just how does this benefit those companies?   Could not some of this purchase of stock in turn be given to key personnel as compensation? 

Very SMART questions Farmgas ......... Best place to determine the REAL amount of outstanding shares is usually on the bottom of the Balance Sheet ...... 

The  share amount is shown vs the previous year or qtr ..... It is often that the buyback share amount is very different from Balance Sheet share count ... The difference being share awards to Management ....... I am a BIG watcher of Balance Sheets 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service