THERE IS A COMPANY HERE BUYING UP LEASES AND DRILLING HORIZONAL WELLS AND COMPLETING THEM AT ABOUT ONE A MONTH. THIS COMPANY IS [REX ENERGY] OUT OF STATE COLLEGE AREA. THEY JUST SIGNED A JOINT VENTURE WITH WILLIAMS DRILLING OUT OF TEXAS WHO WILL BE DRILLING STARTING 2010. THEY ARE A VERY AGRESSIVE CO. THEY HAVE 3 OR 4 HORIZONALS ALREADY TIED INTO MAIN LINES AND PRODUCING GAS. SEVERAL OF MY NEIGBORS HAVE STARTED TO RECIEVE ROYALTIES. I DO NOT SEE TO MANY POSTS ON THIS SITE COCERNING WESTMORELAND CO. DERRY TWP AREA LOTS OF GAS WELL ACTIVITY.
]

Views: 1878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Frank - how big is the production unit you are included in? I've been checking the Westmoreland County Recorder of deeds website and it looks like most of the units around here are between 200 - 340 acres.
Brian - I have 23 acres - they sent me a letter in December but I ended up having to call Williams but, then again, I don't have a home phone so there was no way for them to get my cell phone number. They came to me after Panizzi's, Guzik's and the other bigger landowners had already signed (but I also still have an old lease with Rex that doesn't expire until February.)
thanks Carol. I just moved to New Derry right after Thanksgiving. Any contact info they have for my address is probably for the previous owners. I guess I can either wait for them, or call them myself. I have 11 acres bordering the 200+ acre Ecker farm Rex supposedly signed the end of December. If they don't need me in the production unit I am thinking about calling one of the smaller gas companies for a couple shallow wells. Might as well see what my options are.
there are 3 blocs out here. PANIZZI, EAGLEHOUSE, AND SLAVEK BLOCS. ITS MY ESTIMATE THAT THE BLOCS ARE ABOUT 300-500 ACRES APIECE. i am in the panizzi bloc, although my proprety ajoins some of the propety in the eaglehouse bloc. royalties are pro rated example 5 acres in 100 acre bloc gets 5% of royalities.6 horizonal wells have been drilled 3 each on panizzi & eaglehouse blocs,another is being prepared for the slavek bloc which is on atlantic road past the water tank.
carol: williams is a company from texas who has a joint venture with rex energy who is from state college area. my understanding is they are the same. the rig drilling out close to otto's is on the eaglehouse farm, it will be moving to the slavek boc shortly.
wow...with all of that work going on over there it may be a while before they cross 982 to start drilling on these other three farms they signed. It looks to me they recently signed about 600 acres worth of farms on the east side of 982. I'm anxious to see how this works out. If they follow precedent with what they are doing over near you then there may be at least two production units over here.
Frank - do you know what the pink ribbons and pegs they are putting up are for? Is that where the gas companies plan to put pipelines? Guys from the gas company or land surveyors were out here all day today. They already did the seismic testing all around here so I don't know what they are doing now.
I noticed that places where they put up pink ribbons now have white ribbons next to them. I was wondering if that means they are done in that location. I don't know what each color ribbon means, but I did hear the blue ones mark access roads for the testers.
i have no idea about ribbons, there is blue and white coded out my way ,plus stakes along the road side .i think rex will drill a horizonial on the slavek bloc, and willams will take over the westmoreland county drilling . willams is a large company out of texas, and has a lot of experince with horizonal drilling. i am locked in with with my 5 acres ,i am satisfied, but fast eddie rendell the governor has jumped into the equation, with new taxes on drilling,taxes on drilling permits,taxes on royalties. etc. will slow down the boom, some drillng companys will move to neigboring states. ;::
I can't wait until fast eddie's term is up. He makes no sense. He is backwards.
Does anyone know of any jobs for a gas processing plant operator?

Is the gas being processed yet? I havent seen or heard of any processing plants in the sw pa yet
there is a plant in washington pa. i believe rex will be building one in clearfield county. atlas has the one in wash. i think.
I think im gonna try to stay away from rexx.....already worked with them :/
do what you have to do but, i have doubled my stock investment in rexx, in less than one year. a small but very agressive company.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service