Hoping we don't see a lot of Forced Pooling Applications to the ODNR to pool lands / landowners into substandard tailgate leases. That's always been of serious concern to me - and don't know why it doesn't seem so to everyone else.

That's why I think Ohio needs to either revise force pooling rules to provide a modern land / landowner cognizant Leasehold with a minimum $3,000 / acre sign on bonus / paid up front delay rental and at least a 12.5% guaranteed royalty - or repeal force pooling / force unitization laws / rules altogether.

Something like that would need to be applied to all Ohio forced pooling / forced unitization applications for any long horizontal bore in any strata / for all pooled acreage amounts - HBP or whatever.

All as it always is, only IMHO

Views: 5773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that's a good idea....

Just Refreshing The Discussion Looking For More Views.

Maybe a Legislator Landowner to Chair the Committee would be viewed by his 'fellows' as having a conflict of interests.

Maybe we could ask Mr. Keith Mauck to chair the committee for us and for him to develop a petition based on member concerns and which we could become signatory to on-line and which he would forward to our Ohio Legislators ?

What do you say Mr. Mauck ? Is something like that possible ?

Mike,

Yeah, I had an idea that I think would  help all landowners on GMS out.

Actually I think it would help all landowners involved with leasing out.

I think you're unconcious.

GMS has the where-with-all in place.

What we need are more landowner members to request action of GMS on our behalf.

That would be a petition in itself.

The more members that ask for assistance from GMS the better the chances of getting some attention.

All you seem to want to do is be as landowner negative as you can on this.

What does that gain us ?

To me GMS is a great place to air issues / grievances and to discover like minded members. To me a great place to find each other and perhaps even begin to organize.

You telling me what to read and express is not your station / business.

If the site feels that I'm out of line the Moderator / Webmaster / Publisher would remove my discussion / replies.

If there is one thing that I've learned in our exchanges Mike it is that you and I are not like minded very often - I can think of only once.

In this instance I find your replies off topic / not addressing the point of the discussion / and not welcome.

BTW, a petition to our elected State Legislators isn't a legal matter in my perspective. One doesn't have to be a lawyer or sue or go to court to contact an elected public official to my knowledge.

All as always IMHO.
Thanks for your legal advice.

Still looking for like minded people here.

That doesn't appear to include you.

Sorry but I can't afford to hire an attorney to draft and process a petition.

Maybe one will surface someday and work the issue pro bono for himself / landowners / mineral owners / other folks who think it a good idea.

If we don't voice the idea who will know ?

You ought to be able to go now.

BTW - are you an attorney ?
Spell check :

DUH is widely accepted.

DAH must be some sort of variation.

So.....both......DAH and DUH.

There are no free rides for landowners Mike.

Joseph-Ohio looking for like minded friends in this.

Point being like I said initially I would sign a petition that would say the right things.

Dang! i better stop signing birthday cards. never knew!!  LOL!!

That sounds like a really good Idea.... Keith would probably make a great advocate for all the land owners.....:)

I most certainly agree; but, if he can't without jeapordizing his position here on GMS, I understand.

Site Guidelines

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED, by any member(s), ON GoMarcellusShale.com have not been officially reviewed by any staff member, legal counsel, or moderator at GoMarcellusShale.com (M). GMS is not intended to provide official professional advice which includes but is not limited to advice relating to legal, financial, accounting, tax or investment and shall not be relied upon in any way.

I'm still looking for some like minded members to reply.

Does the membership think it's a good idea to petition our legislators for changes to the forced pooling / forced unitization rules or not ?

Haven't seen such a petition to date myself. Has anyone seen such ?

Thanks to Mike Murphy I am now aware that GMS can't / won't draft and circulate such among it's membership but has anyone else or perhaps some landowner group (in the Utica Ohio's northern tier preferably) done it yet I wonder ?

Standing by.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service