I am very nervous that halcon will not honor my lease and others in venango co.  Halcon used adept energy as a leasing agent in venango co.   Unfortunately I signed a non-binding lease.  I did not like it but I felt I did not have any other options.  I feel that Halcon is playing dirty.  They go to differnt counties say they want all the leases they can sign and they after 90 or 120 banking days, they say they or narrowing their scope of operations and will only honor certain leases in the county they signed.  They just sent out letters in mercer stating as much.  I fear venango is next.  If you think of it, it is a smart ploy, though very very dirty.  If property owners in venango or mercer knew that they only want certain properties thoughs owners would hold out for more money.  However, If you say you are signing everyone for a certain time and if you don't sign then will go down the road to your neighbor and you will not get anything people will sign not knowing that their property is the one they wanted all along.  Well I have learn my lesson.  I will only sign a binding contract that only lets the company out if your rights are not there.  Because everything else is just oil companies trying to pull a fast one.  Has anyone heard anything about venango and halcon????   

Views: 7594

Replies to This Discussion

You speak about a binding contract.  Did the lease you sign give them specific language to exit for any reason?   Did you have an attorney review prior to signing?  Has anyone been paid by adapt or MSLG in Venango?  

i signed with Adapt in crawford county. I never got paid or got my phone calls returned.

Mark,  The contract used the same language they used in mercer.  It's binding for me but lets adept walk away for any reason.  Adept/halcon has stop talking to MSLG and to this point no one has gotten paid.  Adept has until oct. 1 to pay but they have not made any initiative in this regard. 

Range will be bought out within a few years, hopefully they will be easier to deal with. I would sit tight.  Remember, you have the gas under your property, when the company wants the gas they will come to you.  Cash up front, no BS of waiting 90 days.  Easy for me to say, I know.  

tim, when did you sign with adapt?

i signed the beginning of april. they played games right from the start, as they were supposed to send me a copy of the signed lease. that never happened and the 90 business days was up in aug.. they are dirty gas people :)

We have had very frustrating dealings with Halcon and I can probably tell you that with a reasonable amount of certainity that you and hundreds of others will NOT be getting paid.  We had a lease with Halcon and they have informed us that they will NOT be paying us and will not be paying many leases that were taken in Venango County.  Everyone should call Mary Ellen Brook VP of Halcon and express your concerns her phone #'s are 832-538-0305 and her cell # is 713-907-3165.  Also if anyone is interested in joining a class action suit please let me know.  I beleive that we have supporting documents that will prove Halcon's deceptions.

George:

Did you sign directly with Halcon or did you sign with Adept?

We signed w/Adept but originally we signed w/Caffey and Halcon assured me that we would get paid if we signed w/Adept since Halcon and Adept indicated that  Caffey "dropped the ball" they (Halcon) would make good on the lease -the question is now who really dropped the ball and did anyone?

george,

I called both numbers for mary book and left messages but do not expect her to call me back.  Before I signed my lease I tried 20 plus times calling and leaving messages for her to call me back and she never did.  I did not have her cell at the time.   Thanks for that.  I also just got back from the Venango Courthouse were I found Adapt filed a memorandum for oil and gas lease on my property back on July 10 so now I have to fight with them to get that removed.

I wouldn't get the memorandum removed yet because in talking w/my attorney he said that if they filed the lease it would be better, if you wanted to fight them on it....I am seriously thinking about filing suit regarding our lease.

No I wouldn't think that she will call you back but it doesn't hurt to call her and make someone stand up for all of the problems they have caused everyone.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service