Since the Millwood Township discussion is very useful, maybe one on Wills/Oxford Townships will be as well. Any news, observations, or information to share from these areas? A quick search of the ODNR County Engineer's website shows 13 horizontal wells in these two townships were permitted in the last 12 months, so lots of activity around here. Anyone know if Fineran is still on hold by ODOT?  Wonder what will happen if this stays in limbo.

I have noticed trucks seem to have slowed down a little by my place. A few months ago most looked like they were careening out of control as they tried to take the turns. Maybe the county is clamping down. Anyone else notice a change for the better?

Anyone heard plans in our area to slow down development or production because of the drop in oil and natural gas prices?

Views: 6226

Replies to This Discussion

I'm gonna have to investigate this. get back when I know something about it.

Have'nt ever read anything about WHY they drill directly North/South,but they had good success at the Steirs wells going north and the Dynamite wells going south. I figure it has a lot to do with their leaseholds.  The land on both sides of those locations is leased by others, so maybe they don't like sharing. Have'nt seen any Utica wells drilled east or west yet,.so maybe that's a no-no, but N/S may be okay.

Thank you! just seems to me would be hard to drill all the acreage when you have N/S and NW/SE units
I've always been told it has to do with the way the formation of the Utica shale is. Easier to frack and break apart in that direction they say. Makes sense
thank you Evan. I was wondering how they would stack the units to develop all the acreage when you have a unit right in the middle running directly north? seems like maybe a landowner wouldn't get all his acreage developed with this scenario. be nice to hear from a geologist on this

They are spudding the 3H well. the 1H & 3H are listed as "permitted". but they still may drill all 3 at this time,or they may just do the 30" top casing and take off, wanting to just hold the property for future use without re-leasing. who Knows? the rig on the pad now is just a small, top-hole rig. Hopefully ,the BIG rig is coming soon! 

The rig on the Neff pad is now gone, hopefully we will see the Big Rig coming in soon!

Are they renewing the leases in Oxford?  Eclipse?

I believe eclipse just sold to someone
did you read that some where? thanks for the info.
According to guernsey county recorder document shallow rights and wells.

Did they sell out completely?,or just sold some of their leases?  That's a really bold statement to make on this site without some kind of verification. Be prepared to get bombarded with many questions!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service