wrong amount of acres on lease---your opinion. This ever happen to anyone else?

About 5 years ago I leased my mineral rights to a company for $80 a acre for 37.1 acres. . Chesapeake bought the rights off them about 2 years back. Chesapeake is going to drill very soon and I am in the pool, they just finished the pad.

Chesapeake just sent me a check to renew the lease for 5 more years. I had no choice it was in the lease. It clearly states it is for 37.1 acres. My tax statement and the county recorder clearly show I have 39.1. This mistake was made by the first company that leased my rights.

I called Chesapeake a half dozen time and they never return my calls. When we signed to get in the pool the land man said it would be for the 37.91 acres but Chesapeake only owns the mineral rights for 37.1 and I want paid for what they don't own. I do not want to tie this up in court and postpone the drilling. I was taken once for leasing my mineral rights for $80 a acre and I don't want to just give Chesapeake 8/10 s of a acre free. Any suggestion? Lawyer cost are unreal and would eat up the money I would get.

Views: 1224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had that problem with hilcorp, we got a survey and they honored the most up to date survey with the difference and it was taken care of in no time. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service