added Rossi, Otis N, Otis S, Laurel, Merryall SW, Merryall NW, Joe and Alkan N units. Amended Potter, Otten, Burleigh N, Bennett N, Welles 1, Rich, Comstalk, Ward, Zaleski, Tama S, Towner S, Walt, Cerca, Clarke, Balent, VRGC, Thall N and Thall S units
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31036030/Bradford%20Co%20units.kmz

Views: 706

Replies to This Discussion

This is a great map but please refresh my memory.

What do the different colors represent?

Thanks

Matthew, Great map did you do this yourself? Or are they available for other PA Counties as well??

Thanks for the information!

ok let me rephrase and expand on the question. What do the different colored PINS mean?

If I look near where I live I see CHK with 3 or 4 different colored pins.

I also see a well pool near where Litchfield and Windham meet that says O'Shea CHK but it is in a different color than other CHK well pools.(?).

PLUS, WITHIN the O'Shea pool I see Brad 75-Senn-CHK. They are both in the same well pool (?),  AND the pins are a different color.?

Thanks

OK, let's see if I can help.  The push pins are marking a spot for which a  permit has been applied for and the color depends on the company appling for the permit. The pins that are red and have WI in the title are water impoundments. CHK seems to be doing all of these even in TLM territory also. At least the permits are in their name.

The polygons are production units which have been recorded in the courthouse. CHK-yellow, TLM green, SWEPI (formerly East Resources)-purple, EOG- orange and Chief and Southwestern are both red.

The area in question therefore, Brad 75 Senn CHK is a water impoundment permit applied for by CHK. The O'Shea well permit was applied for by CHK, but never used. Due to CHK's partners in Litchfield Twp. they do not cross into surrounding twps. Look at the Struble unit above O'Shea and all the units along the southern border.  

The overlapping units between CHK and TLM in that area apparently have not been resolved although they have been very busy in the last few months buying, selling or trading leases between each other to unify their production units.  Recently Southwestern also has been assigning leases to CHK.

Can't ask for a better explanation than that!

Thanks Wayne, and thanks for the mapping.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service